PDA

View Full Version : Help pls

kids friendly
05-22-2014, 08:07 PM
i am in calgary , didnt really get what i was looking for in the post i checked.

Momof4
05-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi kids friendly, I believe 5 Little Monkeys asked you to tell us where you are located because laws vary from provinces and states. She also advised you to look back through all the posts on this forum to get good advice depending on your questions. Then if you come back and list specific questions we would be happy to help you, but you are being a little too vague, ok? Happy reading.

kids friendly
05-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,
I am based in calgary alberta and i am currently building my house its a very big house and its just me and my husband and my soon to be one year old son, my husband does not like the idea of me working while his son is in daycare so i thought of opening a dayhome in my basement or the top floor which ever is better, i have lots of child care experience as i am currently baby sitting three kids for friends but i do it for free for them while they go to work so i thought since i am alone in a big house it will be a gud thing to use it and make some money but my problem is i dont know where to start from i also thought of openinig under an agency but some friends said opening a private dayhome is better, i am in the process of getting my childcare first aid and cpr license so i was just hoping for a general advice i will move into my home in feb. next year but i want to know what i need before hand do i need a diploma on childcare, do i need a biz license, i just need general information please, do i also need a police check or doctors physical, any advice will be highly appreciated.

playfelt
05-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Many people find it helpful to start out doing daycare under an agency and then to branch out on their own when they are comfortable or have decided this is their career of choice. If you contact an agency they will come to your house and talk to you about what would be involved and that would also help you get information.

One thing to take into consideration is once you start doing daycare your friend's children will all count in your total number of children allowed so that will work against you.

kids friendly
05-26-2014, 02:16 PM
ok thanks alot for the advice.