PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get?

Skysue
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Creepy phone calls from a creepy man asking inapropiate questions regarding dck's?

So freaky!

Judy Trickett
09-19-2011, 06:21 AM
No, I have not but I am likely not in the same city as you. I would at least be reporting that to the police just as a safety measure. The police likely won't do anything but make a note of it when you call bu if enough providers get these calls and report them the police might actually try to track down the caller etc.

I know almost ALL sexually inappropriate behaviour with regard to adults harming children is of an escalating nature. The police are always interested in knowing if there are creepos out there because they realize that something just harassing right now could escalate into physical contact later.

playfelt
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Not here but in the past whenever I had a listing on craig's list I used to get weird emails and strange requests. If you are listed there you might want to take your ad down for awhile hoping the person was just moving ad to ad and not actually writing down any of the numbers they called. I agree it might be a good idea to give a report to the police in case there have been other reports as it would allow them to track if it is a particular area, street or common source for numbers.

Sandbox Sally
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
What was he asking? Were they just weird questions, or actually inappropriate?

momplus6
09-19-2011, 01:46 PM
No that would be freaky, I also don't advertise with my number though just email.

Skysue
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't want to give details due to the fact that anyone can view this forum. It's scary and I wish there were a more secure forum!

lori123
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi Skysue - can I ask what type of questions he was asking bc i got a similar phonecall - very slow sounding man on the phone asking about poopy diapers and if i liked changing them after the initial chitchat of how old his son was....i asked for a phone number/wife name and he paused alot like he was thinking of a lie - his number came up private number - so i doubt the name and number are legit. Sighs, all I want is another child to fill my spot not this kind of garbage. This is the first time that I have had any negative phonecall and hope its my last. Please let me know if this sounds like the same person or not.

Skysue
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Skysue - can I ask what type of questions he was asking bc i got a similar phonecall - very slow sounding man on the phone asking about poopy diapers and if i liked changing them after the initial chitchat of how old his son was....i asked for a phone number/wife name and he paused alot like he was thinking of a lie - his number came up private number - so i doubt the name and number are legit. Sighs, all I want is another child to fill my spot not this kind of garbage. This is the first time that I have had any negative phonecall and hope its my last. Please let me know if this sounds like the same person or not.

Lori,

Did you report this creep? If so where r u located?

Sue

lori123
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I think it's the same creep. Did you report him? Where r u located?

This really shook me up. I am still shaking when I think about it. I am located in brampton but I don't think I can report it because its just a private number and the phone number he gave me doesn't accept in calls. Called himself John Murray and gave out the phone number of 905 840 1039. I suppose I could call the police and report an incident but I doubt it would do much good - not much of a lead. Though, he did ask which parks that I attend and I decided to end the conversation right then and there. Awful disturbing.

I realize you are having a hard time filling your spots too. I have one full time spot and I have had zero luck filling it. I don't know what more I can do to find someone. I feel like I have advertised everywhere and now am getting creepy calls which makes me wonder if I should take my phone number off entirely.:woot:

Skysue
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi,

Where r your adds posted? I have filled my spot and I am happy. It will happen for you.

Sue

lori123
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Sue - I spoke with a police officer and they are sending someone by to gather more information - can you email me at gregandlori@rogers.c om and give me more info on this creep? Please! I want this guy off the streets

lori123
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
my ads are on kijiji, craiglist, here, godaycare and daycare canada - not a single bite yet....but this creep....if you could email me, that would be wonderful, sue.

lori123
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Skysue and I have corresponded through email regarding this bizarre phone call inquiry for daycare and realized its the same person calling. Please be aware of a man posing as a father of a 2 year old who is looking for daycare. He speaks extremely slowly and childlike. His number comes up as private number but in future, you can use *57 - this is to trace an incoming call while you are still online - unfortunately, its not a free service but only costs less than $10 and is definitely worth the money.

This man seems legit at first but then turns around the conversation using words like "poopy" and "bumbum", asking where in the house do we change the children, which parks we use, and has the same story that his son's old provider did not change him enough and would end up with diaper rashes. He gave out the name of John Murray and a phone number that was verified by the Peel Regional Police to be a pay phone.

PLEASE if anyone receives a call from this creep, please contact the Peel Regional Police by calling the non emergency line of 905 453 3311 and quote incident number OC#11308308 which had Constable Rob Neely #3596 investigating.

I have a feeling this guy is just looking through ads on this site and getting his jollies and kicks from phoning and harassing daycare providers. Please report this guy and remember to *57 if he calls you. The community will thank you! Don't let this guy get away with this!