PDA

View Full Version : School age Supervisor shifts

almad
06-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi I was just wondering if all school age supervisor out there are made to work a split shift or can the shift be a regular shift. I'm in winnipeg but look forward to views from any one.

Lee-Bee
06-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Most school age shifts are split shifts to work the hours school age children are in care. That said, some daycares arrange it so you can work a full day by covering lunch breaks etc., in the other rooms in the daycare.

If you explain why you are asking this question others may have more answers.

5 Little Monkeys
06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
It will all depend on how the program is run and how the centre wants to schedule staff.

One centre I worked in had a separate building for the school age program. The supervisor worked a day shift and was off by 2. The other staff had regular shifts but it was split between the two buildings. With the kindergarten classes being different at each school, there was always a handful of children in the school age building even during the day. We had one split shift and it was shared among the 2 newest staff members at any given time. So one would have it for a week and than the next week the other one had it. When new staff got hired on, one was bumped to a regular shift and so on and so forth.

Another centre I worked in had a school age program in the same building but only before and after as it ran a preschool program during the day. Again, the supervisor and the preschool teacher had day shifts and the before and after program was run with regular shifts as well. A few of the morning staff watched them before school and the later staff who closed watched them after school.