PDA

View Full Version : What Climbers do you have? Which would you avoid?

CrazyEight
06-06-2014, 04:17 PM
We've just re-done our backyard and I'm on the hunt for a climbing structure. My husband doesn't want anything too big, as our yard isn't huge and we want room for the kids to run and play, not too crammed with stuff. I was thinking just something little for the toddlers, as my older kids can be competitive and rough sometimes, and I don't want the toddlers to get shoved when they're trying to climb up or go down the slide. But then I saw this one in the toys r us flyer today:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId= 29158826

It looks brand new, anyone have it yet? Looks like there's a tunnel, slide and a teeter-totter, without being too huge, and it's on half-price.

Thoughts?

Has anyone had any climbers they would NOT recommend?

playfelt
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId= 12302696

That is the one we have and the kids like it. Have the playhouse and the hexagon table too. My concern with the link you sent is that is an awful lot of open spaces for toddlers if you are not going to be standing right there while they use it. Even on the one I sent the one end has an opening and you have to remind the toddlers sometimes not to poke their head out there (it's where you would climb onto the deck of the climber if you climbed up the side which is ridged for rock climbing. What I like is it also has the wheel on it so moves from pirate ship to car to whatever they want it to be so good for more than just climbing and sliding.

nschildcare
06-07-2014, 07:10 AM
I had a cube climber and a triangular shaped one. They each had a slide down and it was easy to be right there to monitor the little ones. They could crawl under the triangle one, too. The cube climber was one of the smaller ones and was perfect for under 2s. Just the right height for them to climb, stand and slide. The triangle one was great for my over 2s... basically I figured as soon as they were coordinated enough to climb onto it, they were ready for it. They spent a lot of time on both of these and they didn't take up much backyard space at all.