PDA

View Full Version : Hello All from Bradford!!!

Littledoodledaycare
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi my name is Annamaria, I have just opened my own home daycare in Bradford. I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and have my own practice. My home is a smoke and chemical free house. I do not use any chemical enduced products to clean my home and the food I provide is organic and healthy of course. I am happy to help anyone in anyway I can...
Looking forward to making new friends
Cheers to good health!!
Annamaria
Little Doodle Day Care :)

Play and Learn
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Annamaria! We're here to support and help one another!

Skysue
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Welcome! Any sugestions on very fussy kids and meals would be great! I have a DCK who won't eat anything except Nutella and Macarroni. I refuse to serve nutella and broke down to cook white chaddar mac and chesse by p.c! I have made it homeade and she refuses to eat it! :( Baby steps I supose! She's 3! My own 3 year old is starting to get a bit fussy but I won't give in to her! LOL I find she is more fussy in the week!

Anyway enough about me! Good luck on your new venture, how many DCK's do you have? You will ove this forum all these ladies are amazing!

CPST_Manda
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Annamaria!

I'm in Bradford as well, also opening my home daycare!!! Where abouts are you? I'm in Summerlyn Village (across from the Home Depot)

Sandbox Sally
09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome, Annamaria! I was recently looking into becoming a Nutritionist. I think I have to do a 200 hour practicum after my baccalaureate in order to register w the province of Ontario. Any info on this?

Littledoodledaycare
09-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Skysue - kids will be fussy, its expected however what I find that works is letting them be involved in the preparation. Give them 3 healthy options and have them chose which one they want and get them involved in actually preparing it so that it becomes and experience for them. If they want pasta, a healthy alternative is Brown Rice Pasta. It tastes just like regular pasta and they wont even know the difference. Baby steps is right, but you have to be firm. I remember as a kid, my parents had a saying in italian, it doesnt make any sense in english but it worked. The saying was, "Eat this food or out the window" like i said, it does not make sense in english but basically what it means is , either you eat the food I make or you get nothing. Eventually I ate what was given to me because I was hungry. Parents tend to give in way too early and give the child whatever they ask for which is not a good thing because it gives the child the impression that they are the boss. You are the parent and you make the rules, if you start this at a young age, they will understand which one is the parent. Instead of nutella, try peanut butter or almond butter, both are better and healthy choices. If interested I have a website where i post interesting fact as well as recipes - www.intherawliving.c a you can also follow me on facebook or twitter. Feel free to ask me questions anytime. :)

Manda - I am in the northern part of Bradford, On Gardiner Dr which is by 8th line and Barrie St.

Alphagetti - I went to the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and I did have to do practicum hours. I was a 2 year course although I did the fast track one and completed it in 1 year. It was intense but I learned a lot. Not sure how you would do it in reference to obtaining your hours.

NICE to meet you all!

CPST_Manda
09-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Annamaria I believe you know my sister in law, Lori - who is also doing daycare. She's in the Lormel development and I am pretty sure I "liked" your FB page on her recommendation! Do you eat raw by any chance? I'm thinking about making the switch!!!

Littledoodledaycare
09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes ...Lori does live on my street :)
I do eat raw, not everything I eat is raw but Id say 70% of what i eat is raw. I would totally recommend it, there are a ton of health benefits. Thank you for liking my page, i welcome the support. Have you ever tried anything raw? I make great raw dishes and actually if you check my website, or facebook page, you will find recipes and pictures along with it. Or we can connect if you have further questions

CPST_Manda
09-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I just PM'd you Annamari!

Skysue
09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Skysue - kids will be fussy, its expected however what I find that works is letting them be involved in the preparation. Give them 3 healthy options and have them chose which one they want and get them involved in actually preparing it so that it becomes and experience for them. If they want pasta, a healthy alternative is Brown Rice Pasta. It tastes just like regular pasta and they wont even know the difference. Baby steps is right, but you have to be firm. I remember as a kid, my parents had a saying in italian, it doesnt make any sense in english but it worked. The saying was, "Eat this food or out the window" like i said, it does not make sense in english but basically what it means is , either you eat the food I make or you get nothing. Eventually I ate what was given to me because I was hungry. Parents tend to give in way too early and give the child whatever they ask for which is not a good thing because it gives the child the impression that they are the boss. You are the parent and you make the rules, if you start this at a young age, they will understand which one is the parent. Instead of nutella, try peanut butter or almond butter, both are better and healthy choices. If interested I have a website where i post interesting fact as well as recipes - www.intherawliving.c a you can also follow me on facebook or twitter. Feel free to ask me questions anytime. :)

Manda - I am in the northern part of Bradford, On Gardiner Dr which is by 8th line and Barrie St.

Alphagetti - I went to the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and I did have to do practicum hours. I was a 2 year course although I did the fast track one and completed it in 1 year. It was intense but I learned a lot. Not sure how you would do it in reference to obtaining your hours.

NICE to meet you all!

Hi,

I have done all that and she still doesn't eat. Some days she will eat melon then the next she won't even look at it? Her problem is physiological and I have decided not to get stressed as it is only going to stress her out! She won’t touch peanut butter or almond butter; if I put vegetables on her plate she won’t eat anything at all. It’s a huge struggle.

I have started by not making a fuss about meals with her. I put food down and when she says she won’t eat I say no one is making you and she has started eating really well. I figure the choice is hers and she will eat when she needs too.

Nutrition and balanced meals are soooooooooo important to me. For my own daughter I made all her baby food and when she went to daycare I packed her food because I wanted to know what she was eating.

You are right that they will eat when they are hungry!

Cheers!