PDA

View Full Version : Doctors note to open up a accredited dayhome?

rainbowcupcake
06-12-2014, 03:15 PM
If your accredited or with a agency, what does the physican note mean? What do they check for? Its very vague on the alberta site. Im just wondering.

Wonderwiper
06-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Not from Alberta but would assume it means you need to have a medical clearance, ie no communicable diseases etc. I worked at a daycare centre where we had to have a clear TB certificate.

2cuteboys
06-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Yes. It's a form that your agency will give you. Basically says that you don't have any mental health or physical issues that would prevent you from caring for a child. My dr filled it out having barely liked at it, I think they get them for a host of reasons.

rainbowcupcake
06-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Can it be any doctor? I dont have a family doctor since i just use walk in for things like flu or whatnot

2cuteboys
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Not too sure. I'd just started going to my dr when I asked her to fill it out, she had no issues with it. Not sure about a walk in dr though.

rainbowcupcake
06-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Okay thanks!

daycaremom9
06-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I also had just started with a new dr. before asking for a dr.'s note. She asked me a few silly questions and signed the form

Montessori-Mom
07-30-2014, 10:07 AM
They want to make sure you are healthy enough for day to day care of children. They also want to make sure if you have a mental illness or disease such as diabetes or epilepsy that it is being treated and is stable.
Your note is confidential and the information is not shared with parents. it is between you, your doctor and your agency.