PDA

View Full Version : What Grocery Store do you shop at?

Skysue
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok ladies in Ontario,

Who shops where! Let me tell you Zehrs is crazy expensive like $2.00 more per item that No Frills! I swear I used to shop there before kids and think of the money i could have saved. I can't believe the prices of stuff right now!

Example:

Teddys Chioce wipes pkg 216: Zehrs $5.99 No Frills $2.00

Zehrs: Broccoli $2.99 No Frills $1.00

Zehrs: Cantelope $2.99 No Frills $1.00

some things are close to the same price but not many! Also the Presidents Choice line is the No Name line of products why spen more if you don't have too!

I know the meats aren't the greatest at No frills and there better at Sobeys but in the grand scheme of things No Frills rocks, especially if you price match!

B.C and ladies elswhere where is the best places to shop in your province?

Play and Learn
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Personally, I like to shop at Food Basics, Independent and GT Boutique (they have veggies & fruits). I will go into town (Ottawa) to Costco to get some things (Thanks mom!).

BUT...

For dairy items, we shop in the US every 2nd week (as we're 35 minutes from the border) at Price Chopper. If you get their advantage card (free), you save on gas as well. For every $50 you spend at Price Chopper, you get 10 cents off a gallon.

Nifer
09-27-2011, 07:51 AM
We shop at Zehrs. My husband works for the company (as did I for 8yrs before having my son and opening my dc). We do get a small discount on our purchases. But we also go there because we like the quality.
The reason some items cost more there(produce, meat) is because Zehrs pays a higher price to receive the first pick/best quality from the warehouse. They want to ensure they have the best.
We also go to Costco or the Farmer's market, which makes a good field trip for the kids.

CPST_Manda
09-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I shop at an independent grocer close to my home as they sell only organic/natural foods. They are crazy expensive so I try to only go there for things I know I will not find at Superstore or Sobeys.

I buy my meat (for the GTA girls) from www.brookersmeat.com (www.brookersmeat.co m) or www.berettafarms.com

I also buy some groceries at Costco.