PDA

View Full Version : Dck's unstable home life - I just lost a client!

CrazyEight
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
I posted a while ago about a young couple that were putting up a few too many red flags, and I didn't know if I should accept them or not. I ended up going for it, and they've been ok for the last 6 weeks or so, and then today, mom randomly gives 2 weeks notice! The reason? They're moving BACK to the other side of Ontario, a 10 hour drive, and they just moved here 6 weeks ago!!

I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Dcg is almost 4, very bright, and talks about multiple guys. Mom and fiancé drop-off/pick-up, they SEEM to be living together, although I'm not positive, then dcg talks about a different guy, who is apparently "mommy's husband," THEN there is a third guy, who is biological dad, who pays for daycare. It is incredibly confusing. Dcg has apparently lived with all three of these guys, and she isn't even 4 yet. I get it, life can be messy, and I'm not judging, or trying really hard not to, but I feel bad for the poor kid, who must be pretty confused. I don't think she even knows she's moving back, as she tells me pretty much everything and I haven't heard a word about this. Dcg's last day is tomorrow.

I'm getting paid for 2 weeks without an issue (because dad pays for daycare, so mom doesn't care) and I appreciate that, but I'm pissed!! I thought I was full for the summer, and have only been advertising for the fall, and now I need to fill a full-time spot ASAP. The last day of school was today, so even the parents that leave care until the last minute (who I don't want anyway) have found arrangements for the summer break, which starts tomorrow. I was counting on this income, and now I have to start back at square one!!

Ugh...poor kid. I should have known better in the first place. I hope this little girl gets some stability soon! Back to posting ads I go...

Secondtimearound
06-26-2014, 05:54 PM
I feel for you !!! I got notice that siblings are leaving aug 1, ugh !!! I don't want to think of interviews again !!!!
What an unreliable business !!!

5 Little Monkeys
06-27-2014, 08:50 AM
That sounds like a messy situation for a child to have too witness! I'm sorry that you are losing a child though. It sucks when you think you are full and are good to go for awhile and than a parent sweeps the rug from under your feet and makes you remember how unstable this job can be :(

I hope both you and secondtimearound can fill your spots quickly with great families!!