PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to work ?

Secondtimearound
07-03-2014, 12:49 AM
I have an interview tomorrow to fill 3 spots ( dcf gave notice last week ) that will start (if all goes well ) August .
I am sopposed to go on holidays August 8-23 . This family needs 3 days a week so I will miss 6 days out of 12 . Should I even do the interview ? Or have interview and then tell them or tell before interview ?
I totally forgot when we were emailing back and forth !!

Other Mummy
07-03-2014, 05:23 AM
I would wait until the interview to tell them. If this is for a long term placement and your a good fit and they love your program and want to sign up, they will make it work.

Busy ECE mommy
07-03-2014, 05:34 AM
Do the interview anyway, and see how it goes. Tell them at the interview.
I have had this happen too, where it conflicted with my holidays for their start date, and they made arrangements with family to care for the kids until I was back from holidays.
If they really like your program, they will sort something out for care for a few weeks.

CrazyEight
07-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Agreed. If they really want you, they'll make it work. I started 2 new families about 2 months ago, mentioned my 2 weeks' holidays in August, they were fine with it. The good ones will know you're worth the bit of inconvenience finding a backup. Do you charge for your holidays? That is the only thing that could throw a wrench in it, as they're brand-new clients...they may balk at being asked to pay for time off so soon.

5 Little Monkeys
07-03-2014, 08:59 AM
I would go ahead with the interview. There is still lots of time for them to line up care for your holidays.

I have holidays the week after next and than a week in August and am trying to fill a spot too so I get what you're going through! I've stated that the spot is open July 21, the Monday after my first week off. I need a child over the age of 2 though so I'm planning for this spot to be open for awhile :(

Good luck with your interview!

Secondtimearound
07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Thank you !!!
No I don't charge for holidays , they wanted to start ASAP ( if all went well) but I can't because the dcf who's leaving , last day is end of July . Then I can start for one week , then two weeks off then I'm back !
I guess your right if they are happy here then they will deal with it !
Sorry 5lm I hope a great two yr old comes your way soon ! :-)

5 Little Monkeys
07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks!! Me too....the infant requests keep rolling in....got another 2 today :( so frustrating to tell a person no...stupid rules LOL

Secondtimearound
07-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Lol !! I am working today to cover one of my dcf ( grandma is on vacay !!) so it's abit of a laid back day with just the two dcks and my own dd , so we filled the pool and a 3 yr old dcb and my dd were yelling ,"no rules !! We don't have rules !!" Lol your comment reminded me of that !!
Dang rules !!!

5 Little Monkeys
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Sounds like a fun day!!

daycaremom9
07-04-2014, 03:27 PM
I would love to get an infant or two, only seems to happen when I'm full!

Secondtimearound
07-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I filled the spot !!!! Yay !! And weird enough she is going away the same time as I am !!!! So everything worked out !! Ptl !!!!!