PDA

View Full Version : I quit!

JennJubie
07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
That's it, I so quit today. Yesterday I sent a kid home because he had three watery, foul poops in less than two hours. Then... when he's picked up Dad says "Oh yeah, he threw up last night and had a runny poop this morning but we didn't think anything of it" :blink::mad: Really?!? Then my daughter vomits like four times last night. I call the family of the dcb with diarreah and ask if he's still having dirreah. The answer I get is "The poops have been small" So I ask again and then I get "Yes.... they're still runny" So I said he had to stay home today. I call my other two families, (two are already called in sick... are we still in denial that this is a virus????), tell them the situation. They opt to bring their kids because I'm keeping my daughter in her room all day. Lunch time comes... I've now had "stomach issues" three times in about an hour. Contact families to pick up kids early... one is on the way... other can't be reached. So I put this dck down for nap and he decides today is the day to have a SCREAMING tantrum, refusing to sleep and jumping up and down making as much noise as possible. Ugh.... rant over. I am so closing tomorrow.

Lou
07-03-2014, 01:08 PM
People are so unbelievably stupid. I would be having a SERIOUS conversation with idiots #1 and #2 before their child came back into care regarding your policies and their responsibilities. I am so angry for you!

MonkeyPrincess
07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
me too, i don't think could have kept quiet about that! I would be LIVID. And i def would NOT be discounting for sick days this week, especially since idiots decided to send their sick kid to daycare to an unsuspecting provider.

5 Little Monkeys
07-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Illness is something that spreads so quickly in daycares and it can't be helped but it always annoys me when a parent sends a child they know is sick or "off"......so frustrating when we get it and than have to close!!

Hope you all feel better soon!

Secondtimearound
07-03-2014, 01:17 PM
So maddening !!! I love how dcp never want to miss work for their children's sickness but put your dayhome and countless other children at risk !!!
Believe me I had my fill of it with dc siblings that were sick ALL the time and their family would ask who keeps bringing in viruses ? Then go on to say the kids had been with uncle , friend blah the list was endless of sick people !!!
Finally she sent them with pneumonia and my assistant and I caught it as well as I passed on to my husband !! Dcm said dr had cleared them !!! Grandma said ,poor mom those kids both have pneumonia !!! So I took two days off because of it and dcm was mad I didn't deduct the fee she had to pay for alternate care !! Good bye !!!

MonkeyPrincess
07-03-2014, 01:25 PM
hhhmmmm....i wonder if we should put that in our contracts- that if DCparents knowingly send their kid to daycare and if we get it, or our kids, and we have to close, we should not deduct fees.

JennJubie
07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
It's not even that my daughter and I got sick. Whatever... that could have happened anyway. It's knowingly bringing someone in sick that burns my tush. It's just damned disrespectful.

Secondtimearound
07-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Yup me too !!!!!

susandaycare
07-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Don't you have a 24 hour rule for illness? In my daycare the one who was sent home with the runs could not have returned the next day anyway, has to be 24 hour symptom free- and actually if I sent them home sick it's 48 hours. (made that rule to encourage them to keep them home in the first place when sick)
It's beyond disrespectful for them to be so Meh about sending a child they knew was sick- it disrespects you, your family and every daycare family enrolled.