PDA

View Full Version : Really?...interestin g but sad conversation with a woman looking for care

Other Mummy
07-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I had a woman call this morning looking for care for her 12 month old in September.

Right off the bat, Strike 1 with her first words on the phone...."I'm calling about your babysitting services"...I corrected her, "I don't do babysitting, I'm a daycare provider" She apologized and kept on...She needs care and wants to know what a I charge. Strike 2...I dislike when someone goes to money as their first question. Yes, this is important, but should not be the absolute first question that comes to mind.

I asked her hours. She would need a 9 hour day. When I told her my rates she responded with..."Oh, I heard you were only charging $25 per day?" :blink: ME: "No, I"ve never charged that low of a fee" She told me she was only willing to pay $125 per week. Maximum. ME: "That's nice. Good luck with that" HER: I know of some Portuguese women that only charge $20 per day "...ME: (I had to say something...come ON!!" You realize the quality of care you are going to get for an infant for $20 per day!!! Are you comfortable with leaving your child in the care of someone who probably has a warehouse of children to make up the $$$ to charge $20 per day"
HER: Ya, but I can't qualify for subsidy"...ME: "Okay, well good luck in your search" HER: :"WAIT, how about $130 a week". ME: "Where do you work?" HER: "I'm not working currently, but I need to get a break from my baby:no:" ME: "Ya, not happening, good luck with your search"

Seriously??

mickyc
07-04-2014, 02:03 PM
OMG!! some people. My daily rate = non-negotiable LOL

susandaycare
07-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Tell her 120/week gets her 2 9 hour days ;-)