PDA

View Full Version : Daycare Provider Needed in Toronto for Temporary Maternity Leave

Cadillac
07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
This is a temporary position to take over my home daycare while I take some time off with my new baby (due in early October). Starting immediately until mid September, hours will be part- time; Starting with 10 hours per week and steadily progressing to full time. In mid September candidate will fully take over the daycare (8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday). When the baby arrives, I will be taking two weeks off in which time the candidate will care for a small amount of children (in one of my client's homes). After that two weeks, I will need the daycare fully operated in my home for a minimum of three months caring for four to five children. When I am ready to return to work the hours will steadily decrease until I am once again able to run the daycare interdependently.

I run a strict educational program and need someone who is able to learn quickly and run the daycare according to the guidelines I set. Candidate must be comfortable working while I am in the home and able to take instruction on the fly if needed.

Successful Candidate will:
- Have an educational background or equivalent with children (ECE, CYW, ECA)
- Have first aid, CPR, ,and a valid criminal reference check (or willing to obtain in a timely manner)
- Be great with small children ages one to three yeas of age.
- Be able to appropriately disciple children's inappropriate behaviour
- Have tons of patience
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work with, teach, and meet the needs of a maximum of five of varying ages
- Willing to learn and accept instruction and constructive criticism
- Be comfortable working in a home environment with owner present
- Be able to follow written and verbal instruction and remember most previous instruction.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to clean up after themselves and children
- Able to fluently speak and read English

Artsand crafts
07-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Have you tried Kijiji? This is where I usually get my assistants from, but I don't ask for ECE, ECA, etc. since they are most of the time under my close supervision, and they are much more expensive if you want them to last :)

I'm also closing for 2 weeks, all parents have made alternate arrangements during that time. After that my assistant will take over under my supervision for a few months. I also have educational program included some part of the day, but I have made it easy for anybody to run it without needing a higher degree or too much work.

Cadillac
07-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Yeah I have ads everywhere. I just saw that you could post here so I did.

Thanks for the suggestions. I need someone who I can trust to take the kids out in the community and I dont plan on being around all the time so I'd rather pay for the higher education. I want things run as close to the way I would run it myself and I'm able to afford rates.

my last assistant didn't work out (after almost 4 months of painful instruction) and I'm now almost 7 months pregnant so I need someone who comes with a certain skill set already in place

Wonderwiper
07-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Maybe you could try posting at George Brown etc. where they offer the ece program. Maybe a new grad would be a good fit!

Jaweria
10-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi,
Experienced baby sitter and home day care for all ages of kids.
I am loving and caring with smoke and pet free home. Reasonable rlat / Hourly Rates available (starting as low as $4 / hour)
Call me whenever you in need 905 426 7717. (Pickering / Brock Road / William Jackson Drive / Liatris Drive / Misthollow Drive / Dersan St.)Major intersection is brock and rosselan.

Visits: 29