PDA

View Full Version : Expenses Spreadsheet

Tinyones1981
07-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Is anyone willing to share their excel spreadsheet set up with me, I'm sitting on my floor with receipts scattered around me and they are are all in order for dates but I am not sure where to start, I would like to keep track of everything and I'm just feeling so overwhelmed as to how to set up my spreadsheet. I've got columns but do you put in a monthly total, weekly total, do you name everything you purchase or just give total......oh my I need help!!! Thank you everyone in advance

mickyc
07-15-2014, 02:58 PM
I put everything into categories. One category for food, another for daycare supplies/toys etc, another for home maintenance/renos, another for vehicle expenses. I claim 50% of food, 100% for daycare supplies, not sure what my accountant uses as a percent for the other categories. I then total them all and give him the full totals and he does the rest. I have everything by date. When I do the daycare supplies/toys I have a description beside each entry so I know what it was (toys/office supplies/ crafts/gifts etc).

Hope that helps

SFDC
07-24-2014, 09:06 AM
It may sound overkill, but for the $80.00 investment, quickbooks is your best friend!