PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE!!! Starting up home daycare in Kitchener Ontario and confused! pls help!

asheri
07-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Hello! *waves* I am new to this wonderful forum and have been on the phone all afternoon with the CRA, service ontario, region and zoning and have been told 26400343,0304340 different things. SO here i am! HELP! :laugh:
Im currently a stay at home mommy with two little monsters (3.5 and 18mths) and want to take in no more then 2 children (aside from my own of course) All i want to know is, what type of documentation do i need to write receipts for the parents and be able to claim expenses at the end of the tax year? Just a business number?OR do i require anything else?
Thank you in advance!

Wonderwiper
07-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi and welcome!!

You technically need to provide your SIN number if you get paid personally instead of through a registered business but some people don't.

There is a booklet you can request from CRA that outlines what you need to keep in your records, tax write offs etc.

Best of luck!!

playfelt
07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
No matter where you live in Ontario, make contact with the CCPRN here in Ottawa. On their main page they have a link to a start up kit that contains a lot of information. www.ccprn.com