PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

abcdaycare
07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Hello,

I am starting my own Licenced Family Daycare and am super excited about it! I am looking to start networking with others as I am the only Daycare in my community. I have a few questions that I will be sure to post in the appropriate places here. How is everyone? Is this a fairly active site or are there others that I should know about? I am in British Columbia are there any Daycare specific sites/groups to that location?

I am eager to chat with more of you an learn from the seasoned Daycare providers!

Thanks!

Lee-Bee
07-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Wow, how small a community are you from? Most of us have a dozen daycares within walking distance!

This board can be busy, though is a bit slower right now with summer vacations etc.

Gloucestermom
07-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Welcome! I just opened in March, and this place is great for helpful advice.

Secondtimearound
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Hi !!! I started in Alberta and there's a dayhome on every corner ( so it seems !!) I like this forum as there are a lot of long term dayhome providers who have experience in most if the issues you will face !!
I certainly have learned a lot !!
So welcome !!!
( I must admit I was reading on this board and my husband had a full conversation with me and left for work !! I did not even realize it !!! Oops !! Lol ) :laugh:

abcdaycare
07-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Wow, how small a community are you from? Most of us have a dozen daycares within walking distance!

This board can be busy, though is a bit slower right now with summer vacations etc.

I live in a community of about 500-600. I am definitely taking advantage of the slow summer to get organized! :D

daycaremom9
07-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi abcdaycare, I also live in B.C., in the lower mainland. What area are you in, if you don't mind my asking? I've been looking for other daycare sites, particularly for the B.C. area since not all of the info relates to our province but find this site very informative and helpful!

blackcomb
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I used to be in BC now in Ontario, and not many child care providers in my area so hopefully I'll get clients soon, how much do you all charge, daily rate wise? What age group do you cover and do you cover all days or just Mon-Fri, and what times?