PDA

View Full Version : Moving during long weekend of september

mlle.coccinelle
07-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Hello!

Its been a while since i posted here... But I decided to give it an other go.

So, our family and the dayhome will be moving during the long weekend of September into a bigger house with a huge back yard YAY!

however, i am a little bit worried of how the transition will go with two toddlers and 3 babies ( including my kids in those numbers :) )

Does anyone have some advices on how to make this transition as smooth as possible for everyone?

mickyc
07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Just try and get as organized as possible with the basics out that you will need. Other than that it will just take time and will likely be a bit to get everyone into a routine at the new place.

Congrats on the move

Lou
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
We recently did the same thing! Loving our much bigger yard and deck!
It can be done...you have to work hard to get things as organized as possible (we even painted the daycare area over the weekend so it would be ready for Tuesday we re-opened), but just work to at least have that space completely done with familiar toys and furniture so the babies aren't in a completely new environment. As long as you're there, the transition should be smooth. Good luck!!

5 Little Monkeys
07-21-2014, 02:46 PM
I would pack up a couple boxes of the favourite toys, books and art supplies and have those labelled to open first. I would pack the other boxes and label them "storage" (I do toy rotations and have toys in every closet in the daycare lol), "books", "dolls", etc and you can open and unpack them when you need them.

I would also do the same idea for your personal items. Box up and label the boxes you will want to open and unpack immediately. I would work on unpacking the other boxes when you have time.

Congrats on moving!! It will be so nice when it's all said and done :)