PDA

View Full Version : Hello

blackcomb
08-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I decided to do a day care at my home, I have done it before but away from home taking my then baby with me to others homes to provide care when I was going registered licensed not required route.

Now I own my own home so I can do my own from home, with before and after school care, doing 5 including my own from age 3-7 yr olds at $35 a day.

Snacks provided not meals due to allergies (to save the hassles).

I am quitting nursing altogether, in hindsight I wished I had chosen a different profession, it's not been easy anyway with finding good care for my own child in the area and not many of them so this makes sense to do this.

Gloucestermom
08-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard!
I was a registered massage therapist for almost 10 years, and started a home daycare in March. I'm looking forward to not working evenings and weekends anymore.

blackcomb
08-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Thank you, and yes I am looking forward to not working nights or late shifts anymore, and I stopped working very early a long time ago especially with a young child myself. How long did it take you to build up clients and what time do you open from and to? I may include shift workers to make it easier for myself to get clients.

5 Little Monkeys
08-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Welcome! I used to do healthcare too ( PNA, psychiatric nursing assistant though) definitely don't miss the shift work, long days and physical work!

I'm open 730/745-445. It didn't take me long to fill my first 3 spots but took a bit to fill my last one. Now I'm usually full and fill spots quickly. ( knock on wood, I'll have an open space in a month and hoping to fill soon)

Good luck and have fun :)

blackcomb
08-06-2014, 11:17 PM
thanks for that, good to know.. do you charge $30 or $35 a day? Which is a better rate, commonly in my area outside of day cares that are licensed they are charging $30 a day, in licensed day cares it is more like $45.

Do you charge for stats, sick days etc? And not your own time off?

5 Little Monkeys
08-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Private in my area is $25-35, centres are approx $19-29. I charge $32 for days child is here and their sick days, $22 for their holidays and stats and 0 for my holidays and sick days.

blackcomb
08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Think to make it easier I'll charge $30 flat rate including stats, maybe $20 for their holidays with 7 days free no fee due a year, and no fee for my own holidays or sick days.

5 Little Monkeys
08-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Choose what you are comfortable with, will give you a profit and is competitive for your area. Good luck!