PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?!?

chenderson
08-15-2014, 10:03 PM
$1000 for a quad Runabout that was purchased in May 3013 and used only a handful of times as the lady who purchased it decided to not open a home daycare. I was going to purchase but it is just a lot of $$$ and decided to make due with my triple peg fora few months but she just contacted me as they are highly motivated to get it our by this weekend.

I need NEED a good stroller for walking to and from school everyday with my eldest and 3-4 little people (all under 2.5). Need it to be reliable in the rain, snow and slush of Vancouver. Good deal???!?!!?

innisfildaycare
08-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Yikes!!! Personally that is ALOT of money to invest!! I would not purchase it!! While yes it def would be very helpful for you, the cost is way to high!! I would keep looking!!

CrazyEight
08-16-2014, 06:58 AM
For a runabout, that's not bad. I've been searching for a quad stroller, but I have zero space to store a runabout, so I have to go with a foundations or similar. In all the ads I've looked at, most of the runabouts were ranging 1000-1500, depending on seats (4/5/6) and if it came with the weather shield and/or sun shade. Does it come with those? If so, and you can afford it, I'd grab it. I saw one runabout advertised for $600, and one for $900, but all the rest (at least 10 or so, I searched all of Ontario) were $1000 or over.

Those things are the only strollers that can handle snow...then again, you're in Vancouver, so the snow issue won't be as bad as it is in Southern Ontario, but still! A runabout will last forever!

5 Little Monkeys
08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
I got a quad runabout for $425 but they were asking $500. It has the basket and sun shade and is in great shape. I bought it used from a daycare centre. $1000 is too high for me but it likely is worth it because it's almost brand new.

chenderson
08-16-2014, 11:46 PM
They are also VERY hard to find here. The closest retailer is Regina and otherwise you buy from Rog. This is what the lady selling did. I will be needing a quad as I'll be walking to and from school with three 1 yr olds and one 2 yr old. I agree its a lot so I'm seriously torn. I don't want to go get another one I'll hate. The triple peg I have just felt so unsteady on the slanted sidewalks. Lol. I have paid over $3000 for my cameras when I was a full time photographer let alone $1000 on each lens so I look at it as an investment into my business and for something that will be used 5 days/week. I'm just having anxiety. A LOT of anxiety. Lol. I'd like to think I can make do with my triple peg but concerned about the 2 yr old walking to the school.