PDA

View Full Version : Babysitters/mother's helpers

melusine
08-17-2014, 07:28 PM
(Sorry if this isn't the right section for this question--I wasn't sure where to put it.)

I'm not looking for a daycare spot at the moment, just a babysitter/mother's helper to come in a couple hours a few days a week while I work at home. The website here has an option for "babysitter/nanny" but I'm getting no results at all for my city (and I'm in Toronto, not someplace small). Can anyone recommend a Canadian site similar to this one that has more listings for those sort of care providers? Most of the ones I've been able to find through Google charge a lot of money and don't seem to have good reviews from parents.

Thanks!

CrazyEight
08-17-2014, 09:41 PM
try care.com

I know I could ad a profile for free as a provider, I'm not sure if it makes people looking for care pay, but there's enough ads on there that I don't think so.

And honestly, kijiji.ca is where I find the most ads for all kinds of caregivers, and it definitely gets the most traffic.

Good luck!

Artsand crafts
08-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Try Kijiji and Craiglist. You can also post an ad there and candidates will contact you. I live north of GTA and I have found my daycare assistants from there. I would ask for references and clear police record or willingness to apply for one.

playfelt
08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
As students return to university/college many are looking to make a few extra dollars and this would work ideal as they can work around their course schedule. An add on the bulletin board at the local college might work.