PDA

View Full Version : I love this family!

CountryMommy
10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
This family has their two daughters enrolled in my dayhome and I couldn't be happier with them. This is my first family ever and I am so grateful to have gotten such an awesome family to start my dayhome.

She has payed me in advance and for days she didn't have to, always picks up on time, keeps her children if she's sick and kept her children with her when one of them was sick. She is very respectful towards me, my children, and my home and expects the same from her children.

Today the little one was teething and in a lot of pain. She slept for her morning nap but in the afternoon she just couldn't fall asleep. She'd try to sleep by laying herself down and being quiet, but then she'd start crying again. This went on for a while, and because the rest of the children were sleeping, I just held her until she fell asleep. Unfortunately, five minutes later she was up again. She was fussy and clingy all afternoon and by 4:30 she just seemed exhausted. So I texted her mom to ask if she wanted me to put her down for a nap or if she'd rather have her stay up so it didn't mess with her night time. She texted me back saying, "I'll just come pick my girls up. Thanks xxx!:)" So she left work early and came to get her girls. At pick-up she told me not to worry about what time I gave them naps at my house; if they seemed tired, I could put them to sleep no matter what time it was.

I hear so many stories of parents that would drive me absolutely crazy. Are families that respect and appreciate what you do, pay on time, let you be the boss in your home, etc. really that hard to find? Or do the bad stories stick with us more so we talk about them more?

Either way, I am so glad this family enrolled their children with me. :D

Play and Learn
10-04-2011, 09:07 PM
These types of what we call 'golden families' are indeed hard to find. I am very picky on which families I'll take on, as I had a horror family already! I don't just accept anyone anymore!

Personally, I do about 2-3 email interviews, then a phone call interview (let's me know how they sound!), then invite them to come to my home during my daycare hours to see how they (parents & kids) interact with me and the dck's.

mlc1982
10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
That's nice when you can find a family like that.

Not to toot my own horn, but I honestly think I was that kind of a parent when my first DD was in a day home. I mean, why wouldn't you want to treat the person who's caring for your most prized possession(s) with respect? If only every parent felt the same way!!

Sandbox Sally
10-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I have one and a half "golden families"! :) The only reason the second one is only half is because they are usually late paying me, but they are SO nice and the mom (she's a teacher) brings my homeschooled dd free materials etc...My awesome family sends me emails of appreciation at least once a week, sends thank you cards, brings crafts supplies, and bakes us cupcakes! Love them, and their daughter! WOOT! Thanks for this thread. Rough time with a momma recently, and it's nice to be reminded how good the others are.

momplus6
10-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I have some good families it really is nice to feel appreciated! Last month one Mom gave me a $100 bonus and just yesterday another one gave me a wonderful spa package soo excited. After the spring I had of feeling realy taken advantage of it was great to realize these parents love the great job I do after all!!

FS2011
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I have a golden family just like this, plus she decided to go to work full time to keep her childs spot here when times got tuff. She also was the only parent to recognize my birthday last week, a thank you card, gorgeous flowers and treats for my hubby and I that evening. Then you have parents that practically spit in your face before hauling their rotten child home. Lol ah, that's the biz I guess!!

mom-in-alberta
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I think that the truly great (aka "golden", lol) families are few. Most of the time, you will have some type of minor annoyance with someone, be it late payment, sending inappropriate outdoor clothing, etc.
Luckily the really crappy families are also few and far between!! I think that really having serious problems with parents is an exception, not a rule.
The large majority of people we deal with will respect what we do, if not necessarily understand all aspects.
I have said before, and will say again; we tend to discuss the more negative aspects of our career sometimes, without highlighting all the great things about the parents, kids and actual job itself.
PS> Glad to hear that you have such a fantastic family!!! :)

mamaof4
10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
so thrilled to hear about the positives!