PDA

View Full Version : Covers for kids furniture

adaycarelady
09-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I bought this vinyl chair (kid size) from walmart.ca and it's already cracking! The kids really love this chair and there are even fights about it so want to keep it. I do not want to buy a new one since I only had it a year and some sort of cover will do. I can't seem to find a place online that sells these. Any ideas? If I can't find a place I might attempt getting some fabric myself and sewing something, but sometimes my sewing isn't the best lol :laugh:

CrazyEight
09-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Do you care about damaging it? What about buying some heavy-duty oilcloth or canvas or something and using a big staple gun? My first thought...

playfelt
09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Check the IKEA site to see if any of the kids chairs look similar to yours as a lot of their stuff comes with covers you can buy.

AcornsFalling
09-22-2014, 03:18 PM
You can buy different vinyl or clear plastic that you could probably staple underneath the seat of the the chair. I have bought at fabricland in the past and they have a good selection of colours and patterns.

33 Daiseys
09-25-2014, 07:10 AM
why not just bring it back and exchange it?

5 Little Monkeys
09-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I would try emailing the company that made the chair. They might be able to help you out!

33 Daiseys
09-25-2014, 01:45 PM
That stinks.... while not get some denim from a craft store and cover it in that? Personally, if you have cracks in it, I would cover it in a thick plastic tarp, so that if some one has an accident, it does not leak through to the padding.