PDA

View Full Version : It's a grouchy day !!

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 01:20 PM
What a day !! Nothing like starting your day with siblings that must be tired because they have been fighting non stop !
Craft time was useless I'm wondering why I bothered ! But I am OCD at trying to stick to my schedule and today has been challenging ! I finally put the younger down to nap at 11 which I'm trying to be ok with because then we couldn't go outside ( schedule schmedule ) :blink:
Then I , me anti tv woman ! Laid the other two down with blankies and I'm sitting here wondering how to get back on track ugh and lol !
I only had 4 today , one leaves at noon and the 3 have been pushing limits all day !
So ...... Now what ??
I have a feeling it will be an interesting day !! How goes it for you ???

superfun
09-25-2014, 01:27 PM
It's about the same around here. Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Today I tried to give up and put the tv on before I started lunch. It didn't even work! Only one kid watched a show, and the others all watched me make lunch.
Yesterday my own two year old had such a big tantrum before her nap that she woke up the youngest of my daycare kids. He didn't go back to sleep the entire nap time, so he was an awful mess, and still kinda grumpy today.

jodaycare
09-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I only have two today, I am bored! LOL Although the one little guy, does nothing but call my name, and say "my daddy coming" all. freakin. day. Ridiculous because he has been here for a year! I don't know if he is acting out because Mom is preggers or if something else is going on. This behaviour has escalated since Mom got pregnant although he did a lot of screeching before. He is 2 and he is becoming a real challenge. He doesnt play with anything, regardless of what toys I bring out or whether we are inside or outside. Craft time is fine until his turn is done then it is a full out screamfest! For the second day in a row, he ate nothing at lunch. I am so done!

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Ugh must be in the air then !! One of mine cried all through craft then after I put her on time out after hitting her brother she put a blanket over her head and pretended to shake ( she pretends she's afraid ) all the time yelling ,"I'm unsure ! I'm afraid " usually I am so patient and try to assure her and today I just said , yup ! Me too !
Which was of course hilarious and they all laughed hysterically until little brother walked by and knocked some of the craft off the table , then we were back to fighting !!!

mickyc
09-25-2014, 02:00 PM
well my kids are actually being fairly good today other than I am the one grouchy. My husband has had a terrible week this week at work and needs to find a new job ASAP (very toxic workplace!!). It is stressing him out and me out and we are both not sleeping well. luckily for the kids they are somewhat behaving today! LOL

I have one boy who is being a little turd!! He has been in timeout a few times today already. He is going through the MINE stage AGAIN! Mom is doing little things that are getting under my skin (nothing major but because I am overtired and cranky it bothers me).

One more day and the weekend. It can only go up from here (that is what I told my husband anyways!!). Lets hope I am right.

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 02:11 PM
That's a difficult one !! When men get stressed ! Unless it's just mine !! He loves it when I assure him we can handle what ever comes and then I deal with it !! Lol

mickyc
09-25-2014, 02:28 PM
thanks secondtimearound - I have to say though that this has been an exceptionally bad week and not normal everyday work stuff. We have both had some bad jobs over the years but I have to say this one takes the cake! We unfortunately can't afford for him to be unemployed or he would have quit long time ago. He just can't find a job locally that pays decent and in his field. Hopefully he hears back from the latest place he applied. ugh.....

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Aww I'm sorry !! That is so stressful ! I'm sending good wishes your way !

5 Little Monkeys
09-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear about all the bad days!! Here's to hoping the afternoons are better!!! :)

Mickyc, my fingers and toes are crossed!!!

It's been a pretty good week here. I only have 3 and it's really nice weather so we've been outside most of this week. Today I put away toys and brought out new ones so that entertained them the whole morning. I had a chance to purge some other toys/books and have some people coming by to pick things up later tonight.

Nap is just about over and than we are heading outside again!

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 03:30 PM
It's like Christmas when new toys come out !!!! Mine are all up from early nap and I would love to go to the park but I have two that just do not listen ! I'm going this weekend for a fresh load !! I am trying to transition my dcks from playing with me to playing with friends and it's a battle !
I turned the tv on today and got so frustrated thinking these kids would rather sit and watch tv then play so I turned it off lol
It seems with this one family they need so much interaction to just play . I have a cedar playhouse outside it's soo cute , we brought out all the tea party things and babies and I gave them water to make tea and do dishes ect and had to take babies away as they were pouring water on the babies , they are almost 4 so I thought they would have fun !! But nope ! Today I'm going to let them make mud pies , I'm truly running out of ideas ! Help !!

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Ok thanking God this day ended !!! I was soo done ! We made mud pies and heard a horrific crash and there was a big accident right at the intersection by our house ! Fire trucks , ambulances ,and police ! Thankfully no one was injured !

5 Little Monkeys
09-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Yikes, that would be quite the scene!! Glad everyone is okay!

Good for you to do mud pies on a day where you aren't feeling so happy!! Did the kids like it?

Secondtimearound
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
They complained the whole process ! Someone got their hands dirty , someone took someone else's shovel ugh ! After the car crash they stood peering thru the fence appearing quite content !

5 Little Monkeys
09-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Lol, darn kids! ;)

2cuteboys
09-26-2014, 08:16 AM
I tired baking with my group yesterday. The 2 year old screamed whenever it wasn't his turn to scoop/dump, the 2.5 year old missed the bowl. Every. Single. Time (you'd think with me handing the scoop to him over the bowl it would be pretty simple), and the 3 year old girls insisted on putting the liners in the muffin trays - then just stuck the whole stack in one hole and got grumpy and argued when I tried to 1) explain and show it again, and 2) just do it for them.

Baking is the one craft I can't stand doing with any of them except my 4 year old.

mickyc
09-26-2014, 09:49 AM
ha ha 2cuteboys - I NEVER EVER bake with my group either!! The thought of their grubby little hands touching something we will all eat just doesn't sit with me! LOL

Secondtimearound
09-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Eww lol I don't like my husband in my kitchen let alone dayhome kids !!! It was just a bad day ! I have so many activities I do with my group and when it comes to free play is when they lose it . All they ask for is tv ! I only have them 3 days a week , and it's only been one month !!! I thought mud /sand pies would be great fun ! Nope ! We painted , ugh I tried it all !!
Today I only have one sweetie until noon , an interview this am and I'm out for lunch and shopping with my sister !!!!

5 Little Monkeys
09-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I love baking with the kids, they're always so excited to do it!! Baking with 4 vs up to 16 (when I worked in centres) is a breeze and there are certain steps along the way that they get to help with and ones where I take over. If they roll out their own cookies I write their name on the parchment paper so I know whose is whose.

That sounds like a great day secondtimearound! I'm so incredibly tired today and having a Bon fire tonight with 2 friends....I'm sorta just wanting to sleep tho LOL

Secondtimearound
09-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Bonfire !! Sounds fun !!! Well my interview didn't show , she called 10 min after they were to be here , so that's that !! I'm sitting colouring princess faces with my lo !! I'm about asleep myself but I stayed up late last night ! Soo self abuse !
I bake with my own dd we are doing a cooking class alongside her homeschool !

5 Little Monkeys
09-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes should be a good time....I'm already looking forward to making some ceasers......might need some more vodka though! I need hot dogs as well....I wish the store delivered, so tired LOL.

That sucks! The cooking class sounds fun though :)

superfun
09-26-2014, 02:18 PM
My week has been mostly bad, I think it's my daughter making it stressful more than the other kids. However, our new hot tub got delivered this morning, so I'm hoping it will be ready after the kids go to bed. Then I can sit in the hot tub and drink wine!

AmandaKDT
09-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Bonfire !! Sounds fun !!! Well my interview didn't show , she called 10 min after they were to be here , so that's that !! I'm sitting colouring princess faces with my lo !! I'm about asleep myself but I stayed up late last night ! Soo self abuse !
I bake with my own dd we are doing a cooking class alongside her homeschool !

How do you find it goes doing the homeschooling along with the daycare? Homeschooling has crossed my mind before, though my husband didn't like the idea. What does your daily schedule look like?

daycaremom9
09-26-2014, 03:32 PM
well my kids are actually being fairly good today other than I am the one grouchy. My husband has had a terrible week this week at work and needs to find a new job ASAP (very toxic workplace!!). It is stressing him out and me out and we are both not sleeping well. luckily for the kids they are somewhat behaving today! LOL

I have one boy who is being a little turd!! He has been in timeout a few times today already. He is going through the MINE stage AGAIN! Mom is doing little things that are getting under my skin (nothing major but because I am overtired and cranky it bothers me).

One more day and the weekend. It can only go up from here (that is what I told my husband anyways!!). Lets hope I am right.

This week has also been awful for my hubby. He's in the construction industry and has been on a tight schedule for a project that he's been working on the last couple of months. So he hired some helpers who turned out to be less than trustworthy. My son is now working with him so things should be getting easier now that the "characters" are gone.

2cuteboys
09-26-2014, 05:44 PM
ha ha 2cuteboys - I NEVER EVER bake with my group either!! The thought of their grubby little hands touching something we will all eat just doesn't sit with me! LOL

Ha! Hands were washed compulsively beforehand! It's definitely not my fave though, and I only made enough for one sitting. I made a few extra batches on my own (with my own clean hands) later on!

Rachael
09-26-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm thankful in being able to say, it's been a calm week here for the most part.

Monday we had a wind storm which left many of us without power. Of course, this means my alarm didn't go off and I woke about 10 mins before my first child was due. Never washed and dressed so fast in my life and of course, a parent knocked as I was finishing dressing so there was a bit of a delay in getting to the door.
Two of mine decided to stay home without power rather than come here which worked out well as I was able to take the older sibling of one of my DCK's whose school was closed for the day. Was nice having the teenagers home for the day as their school was also closed.
Had all 6 day care children in for the rest of the week and everyone's been really good.
Once of the babies has a cold so she is a little grumpy but nothing unreasonable.
The weather has been great so we've managed to go for walks every morning and one of the children was 2 today so we had a cupcake after our fruit this afternoon.

Secondtimearound
09-26-2014, 07:14 PM
I take advantage of nap time def and I have an assistant so I can get her to take over if we are not done . We do a lot of work with our dayhome so I plan themes and unit studies together with emphasis on more in depth for my child . My husband is able with his job to do 2 daily classes with her as well ! We read every night before bed and have a weekly baking class on Saturdays . I am really happy with her progress and with our set up . She plays with the kids from 8:00-9:30 , then she participates in circle time and craft , then 10:30 she goes outside with her father for physical education ( she's a sports nut !!) then together for lunch then I do studies with her from 1-3 while everyone naps . Her father teaches her social studies after that and leaves for work and she's done except for our reading program which we do between 7:00-7:30 !!
Voila !!! Done lol

3littlemonkeys
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Mine started off nuts too! My oldest woke up in a BAAAAAD mood! Puppy was in over drive too. After a morning walk, my boys at school, more coffee and new toys a friend gave me life is calming down and starting crafts 5 min behind...not to bad.

Hope all of your days get better too!

5 Little Monkeys
09-29-2014, 01:04 PM
I only have 3 most days now and it's amazing how even one less kid makes a difference. Although, my 20 month dcb is more like 2.5 kids! lol

It started off really misty this morning and I wasn't sure if we would get outside but it turned out to be a pretty nice Fall morning. We went for a 45 minute walk and ended it when the mist came back out as I wasn't sure if it was going to turn into rain or not. We made homemade ham/pineapple/mushroom pizza for lunch. I don't know why but I don't give them pizza very often (only a handful of times in the past 3 years lol) and they LOVED it. I think I will have to add it to the menu more often. They don't like to eat raw veggies very much but if it's covered or mixed in than they eat it so this might be a good way to get them to eat more.

After nap I think we are going to do a painting art as none of them have their splash pants and the backyard looks sorta wet still.

It's been a good Monday....hope all of yours has been too!!

Samantha33
09-29-2014, 01:13 PM
It's so good to know I'm not alone. Not that I would want anyone to have a bad day just because. My 1 yr. old is screaming his heart out. I hate the sitting and waiting for nap to be done. I know if I go and get him he wins. Sooooo lucky his Mom is on board. I hope everyones week gets better and mine too lol.

Secondtimearound
09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
We were having so much fun playing blocks that we missed circle time and craft ! They literally played for 2 hours with the blocks ! we sat with them and just chatted but everyone was in play mode ! This group on mondays are awesome !! Its tuesday,wednesday and fridays that sometimes gives me anxiety lol !
Nap here has been a gong show but I guess that means a later wake up time !

Secondtimearound
09-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Just back from physician , pulled a muscle in my lower back ! Ouch !!!
This may not be fun tomorrow !!

5 Little Monkeys
09-29-2014, 09:07 PM
OH I feel for you!!! Do you have some muscle relaxants you can take? Take it easy tomorrow!! No unnecessary lifting!!

I just used my foam roller to do some self myofascial release exercises and am cursing my arthritis in my back and hips right now!! This rainy weather really affects the pain :(

3littlemonkeys
09-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Really!
Alarm didn't go off, over slept,Puppy sent kibble flying through out the house, coffee maker broke - Before it made my coffee of course. Back up instant coffee is a gooey lump :tearywave: Headache starting probably due to lack of caffeine - 1 headache tablet left. Hope it works. Walked school kids to the bus, jackhammers are being used to fix the sidewalk in front of my house! Headache tablet fails!
Get kids on bus and my own ride there bikes to school instead. Then it starts to rain. Means my kids will be soaked! Start wondering how to get them home....I get home and inside...puppy goes out in rain through dirt and back in on the carpets!!

So that is my crazy morning.....good part, kids are being awesome!
Now off to take my 4 year olds tylenol.

Secondtimearound
09-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Oh man !!!! What a day so far 3lm !!!
I over react to meds ( no suprise there lol) and therefore even extra strength Tylenol puts me away for 3 hrs ! Soo even though I was given muscle relaxers I can not take them until I'm child free and my dd is in bed !! So I'm trying to get through the day , my pain is at the point where it's making me nauseous ! Ugh and my sinuses are starting yay !! Ugh
On a positive note all the kids and I went out mud puddle jumping in the pouring rain !! So much fun !!! Took us 1/2 hr to clean up !!! I sent some pics to dcms !!!
I'm starting naps soon ! So I can sit with a hot water bottle !!!

daycaremom9
09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Really!
Alarm didn't go off, over slept,Puppy sent kibble flying through out the house, coffee maker broke - Before it made my coffee of course. Back up instant coffee is a gooey lump :tearywave: Headache starting probably due to lack of caffeine - 1 headache tablet left. Hope it works. Walked school kids to the bus, jackhammers are being used to fix the sidewalk in front of my house! Headache tablet fails!
Get kids on bus and my own ride there bikes to school instead. Then it starts to rain. Means my kids will be soaked! Start wondering how to get them home....I get home and inside...puppy goes out in rain through dirt and back in on the carpets!!

So that is my crazy morning.....good part, kids are being awesome!
Now off to take my 4 year olds tylenol.

3LM, Oh Boy! I was about to start complaining about my sore knee but I'll consider myself lucky to have my day going so well! Your tomorrow will be better for sure! Good luck with the rest of your day.

daycaremom9
09-30-2014, 04:18 PM
I've never had my kids eat any kind of pizza but plain cheese. Everytime I try different toppings I get a complaint from most of the kids!

5 Little Monkeys
09-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I've never had my kids eat any kind of pizza but plain cheese. Everytime I try different toppings I get a complaint from most of the kids!

Knock on wood, I've never had an overly picky eating group. I've had a few kids over the years but nothing major. I'll just chalk it up to I'm that great of a cook ;) LOL The 3 year old boy asked if we could have pizza again but I see it's almost gone (my husband must have enjoyed it too!!))