PDA

View Full Version : What to charge???

Katskids
10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi!

Long story, but I have recently agreed to care for a 13 month old boy 3/4 mornings a week, just for this month. My usual part time rate is $45 per day but I have never had a part day rate. I have no idea what I should charge them as he leaves before lunch! Any suggestions? Thanks!

playfelt
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
My rates that would cover this situation are what I use when a child is integrating. It is $15 for a morning or afternoon if they are picked before lunch or arrive after lunch. It includes one snack. If they add lunch to either session it is an extra $5.

The fact he is there half a day but no lunch if you told the mom $20 a day that is probably a good rate. And it isn't something that is going to run long term.

Katskids
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks playfelt! I went with $25 and she was happy!!!

spudjt
10-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Im starting to notice how much childcare fees fluctuate depending on where you live!? WOW. here in wellington county in Ontario, fees range currently from $15 for under 3 hours to $25 for up to 4 hours. $35 for an 18mo old and older full day or $40 for a baby under 18months in a licensed private home. county providers also get an early arrival incentive if before 630am or after 6pm , or weeend care of around $2.50 per day. Please see my letter I wrote proposing for increased fees and changed ministry rules..i just posted it :) good luc wiht your family, sounds lie you charged an approp. rate to me!