PDA

View Full Version : Daycare fees

Cassandra2013
10-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't find any answers. I am wondering what is a fair price for an unlicensed private home daycare? I know each age group is a different price so I would like to know for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. This would also be a daycare in the Markham area. Thanks!

CrazyEight
10-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Look up daycares on this site that are close to you (you can put in your postal code and it will bring them up within a certain radius) and see what they are charging. It also depends on if you offer meals/snacks - most do, but some charge less and have parents supply food.

I charge more for infants under 2, as they require more "hands-on" care, with diapers, feeding, etc.

Also look on kjiji. A lot of providers don't post their rates on kijiji ads, because the rate varies due to age, number of hours, meals, etc, but some do, so that might give you a ballpark.

Good luck!

torontokids
10-14-2014, 12:45 PM
I would say most people charge the same fee for all kids (infant-preschool). Reason being that we are limited in our numbers so we need to earn a certain amount of money with the same number of kids. Centres can afford to lower their rates as their ratios change as kids get bigger. If you wanted to charge different fees then have your preschool fee be the fee you want and charge a premium for infants.

Rachael
10-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't find any answers. I am wondering what is a fair price for an unlicensed private home daycare? I know each age group is a different price so I would like to know for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. This would also be a daycare in the Markham area. Thanks!

Price will vary based on experience/qualification of carer, demand in your area, prices in your area, typical amount of time you will be working etc. As your question stands, with no information about where you are based and the service you are offering, you might as well be asking "How long is a piece of string".

In MY area, price range from $40 to $25.

Parents expect to pay more for someone closer to the city where demand comes from workers and residents.
Parents expect to pay more if their carer has a child related degree and 10+ years experience running a successful day home where the carer has a waiting list, then they would a stay at home mother of a 12 month old, who has no child care related experience or qualifications, and where there's a risk regarding reliability and how long the business will last.
Parents expect to pay more if they are dropping off at 5am then they would if their day home opened at 8am.
They expect to pay more for late pick ups than 5pm closures.
They expect to pay more if all snacks, lunch and milk is provided as per the food guidelines vs them bringing food from home.

Too many variables.

sandylynn
11-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I looked up my postal code on the daycares available on this site....I couldn't believe what people are charging...I'm undercharging by about 5-10 dollars a day! That's a fair bit....I always thought I was undercharging....HAP PY NEW YEAR!

sandylynn
11-28-2014, 09:35 AM
p.s. When this new bill comes into effect....I will certainly be upping my rates ...under 2 will be in demand big time and I will have 2 spots open...it couldn't be better time for me