PDA

View Full Version : Sucky day vent and a positive note!

AmandaKDT
10-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Oh how this week sucks, let me count the ways...

1. My new dcg that I only had for a month is gone because they left for a daycare that is open later (I had filled the spot 3 months in advance and they knew what my hours were)
2. I worked really hard to help her settle into the daycare and potty train this now departed dcg and it was all waste of time (all the while being sick with a stomach bug and head cold)
3. I have had no inquiries about filling this vacant spot and after Wednesday I will be losing income
4. Got a call from the bank that one of my daycare family's cheque bounced
5. Had to deal with a parent that brought back her child the next day despite my 24 hour fever policy
6. Every single kid has been sick with a bad cough and runny nose for a month now - I'm so sick of snot
7. I woke up with an awful headache and no matter what I do it won't go away

Okay, I'm done! Lol

Now a positive: my 2 year old daughter seems to be growing out of waking up grumpy from her nap! Yay yay yay! It was so hard dealing with this for so long that I seriously dreaded her waking up every day. But she has woken up happy these last couple days.

Teagansmom
10-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Sorry for the sucky week, another positive it's FRIDAY!!!,

torontokids
10-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Good to hear about your daughter. Did you figure out what has been different this week for her? That is what I would try and figure out as you spoken about this being a struggle for a while.

Secondtimearound
10-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Wow !! That's tough ! We are just getting started with the runny noses !! And I'm already done !!! I am using soo much sanitizer on my hands ! Blow nose , sanitize , do another nose ,sanitize ! It's hard to even do crafts and stories with all the interruptions to wipe a nose !!
I'm glad about your good news though !!

AmandaKDT
10-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Good to hear about your daughter. Did you figure out what has been different this week for her? That is what I would try and figure out as you spoken about this being a struggle for a while.

I seriously did nothing, I am pretty sure she had a developmental growth spurt last week. I commented to my husband at the beginning of the week that she looks older all of a sudden and is talking even more so (she talks as well as a 4 year old) and them Lo and behold she is happy after nap time.

5 Little Monkeys
10-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your sucky day!!! Hope the weekend is better for you!

I've had the same routine this week as secondtimearound.... all 4 have runny noses and it's been a full time job keeping them clean and cleaning around the house! It's been a great week though so I can't complain too much!!