PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed for me please folks!

bright sparks
10-20-2014, 12:48 PM
So I have a very last minute interview scheduled for after daycare hours today. Dad called me this morning and was very brief, as is probably the way of men though right??? in my experience anyway so he checked with his wife about days and times that I am available after confirming the days and hours that they need fitted with my availability. Usually I would have scheduled it for another day but they need care asap as their centre has had staff leave and are now over ratio and they are concerned about this, and I have this 1 spot left which I so dearly want and need to fill, so all going well this will likely be a Monday start??? So please ladies cross your fingers, toes and pray for me that these are dream clients as I just don't have it in me to babysit more parents and also I didn't do my typical telephone interview and screening as dad was at work. Nothing screamed out at me but I truly hope tonight doesn't prove to be a waste of my time.

Okay enough pessimism, everything's going to be great!! lol

superfun
10-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Good luck! At least the have experience in a daycare setting, usually parents coming from a centre aren't as hard to work with as first timers, just coming off maternity leave.

Lou
10-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Good luck!!!

Secondtimearound
10-20-2014, 01:06 PM
That's great !!! I hope it goes well !!!

5 Little Monkeys
10-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Awesome!! Good luck...my fingers and toes are crossed!

I agree...with them coming from a centre, it should be a breeze as they will be used to group care and strict policies. I'm sure it will all work out!

jodaycare
10-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Crossing everything that it goes well and they sign on tonight!

Rachael
10-20-2014, 01:45 PM
You know, sometimes the ones who need care fast are the best ones.

torontokids
10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Good luck! I hope it works out well.

I had to make a quick decision as well about a client that needed care fast. Their current provider isn't happy with his development when it comes to eating (14 mos and still can't spoon feed). I don't think it will be an issue for me as my youngest is 18 mos so I will have a bit of extra time available for him and also I am kind of from the school of "leave them with it and they'll learn how to do it eventually when they get hungry." I don't get stressed out if a kid is not eating which this provider apparently is.

Secondtimearound
10-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Me too !! Torontokids ! Each child develops at their own rate . I'm sure they are happy you feel this way !!!

bright sparks
10-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks folks. They are due within the next few so I'll let you know.

bright sparks
10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
So not coming from centre care, coming from a daycare provider over ratio who this morning had to do a school drop off and leave 4 under two year olds with her 80 year old grandmother without notifying parents or getting permission. These parents are concerned with potentially what else they aren't being told.

Anyway, interview went very well and mum and dad were ready to sign there and then but as I insist with every family, go home, sleep on it, talk about it then let me know.

Kid isn't fully weaned which mum blames on the fact that he was a preemie and they rock him to sleep at night although apparently naps fine in the day. Potential issues but typical first time parent things and seem to be a mom thing not a dad thing. I was very clear on how I would handle it and she was totally okay with me doing whatever works best at daycare and reinforcing these corrections at home. They seem like great people and no major red flags for me so I think it's worth a try and we will see what they decide :-)

5 Little Monkeys
10-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Wow, crazy! But glad things went well. I'm sure they'll sign on, congrats on filling your space :)

33 Daiseys
10-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Hurray. I need to fill two spots so if you feel the desire, send so filler up juice my way. Have a celebratory glass of wine

Daisy123
10-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Wow! Is it something in the water? I just did an interview for a girl who's current provider admitted to mom that she just took on more before and after kids and now has too many.....! Anyways, glad to hear that it went well!

Secondtimearound
10-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Yay !!!! So glad it all went so well !!!

Gloucestermom
10-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Glad it went well! They sound like good clients!

Other Mummy
10-21-2014, 03:49 PM
:thumbsup: That's great! I'm sure they will sleep well tonight knowing they have found a wonderful provider!