PDA

View Full Version : Check this out and share it with everyone you know....

jodaycare
10-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Education minister's reaction when questioned about bill 10 and it's implications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfztTflZSxk

cfred
10-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Hahahaha....I was just coming in to post this very same video! Not sure about you, but I felt ready to swat my computer off my lap listening to Liz. But I thought Lisa was brilliant! CICPO is starting to see the fruits of its labour.....politicia ns going to assembly with OUR words.....Amazing!!! ! Looking forward to tomorrow. Garfield Dunlop will use his hour for our cause!

jodaycare
10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
I was literally yelling at my computer! LOL I was so angry that i sent her an email telling her that she was completely off base in every way possible. I want to post it on the cicpo facebook page but I am waiting to get permission. And yes, Lisa was great and it was nice to see her standing up to the old bitty!

cfred
10-20-2014, 07:11 PM
I know! God, even her body language is offensive! I'm very much looking forward to legislative assembly tomorrow. It's going to be a massive bitchslap...for lack of a better or more appropriate term. Soooo glad it's raining tomorrow so I can keep an ear out for Garfield's bit....makes me smile :)

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to legislative assembly.........hel l has officially frozen over. Cfred has taken interest in politics. Gawd.....

Wonderwiper
10-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Gah....she doesn't seem to have a clue what she's talking about or what the bill will actually do!!! You'd think the fricken MINISTER of education would know the difference between illegal and unlicensed. Not to mention the fact that we can't be licensed (she referred to licensed daycares as if they weren't part of an agency).

jodaycare
10-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I know right! She almost looked insulted that someone would have the nerve to question her!

jodaycare
10-20-2014, 08:57 PM
I actually emailed her after i watched it, I was so angry! I posted my email on the CICPO facebook page.

Wonderwiper
10-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Awesome letter jodaycare!!!!!!

C...are you listening online/radio/tv??? I don't have a tv but do you know if there is a way to see/hear online?

cfred
10-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Great letter Jodaycare!!!! Very well said. I'll write one as well when I have some time. I'm up to my neck in tasks for the Day of Action.

Hell yes I'm watching it Wonderwiper!!!! I've got my computer hooked up to my stereo by auxiliary cable as I don't have cable. We stream everything. Here's the link, my dear :)

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/go2.jsp?Page=/webcast/webcast_main&locale=en&menuItem=dandp_webca st

I'm guessing by now you've both read the news...the Ministry numbers? For those who haven't, today will be well worth watching as we now know that a child is at 2.35 times greater risk of injury in licensed care than with ICP care.....numbers from the ministry and groomed by statistician.

Kinda makes me all tingly :)

bright sparks
10-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the link cfred. I'm assuming its anyone's guess what time Bill10 is addressed or do they go in order and I've missed it? On Bill 15 now??

cfred
10-21-2014, 08:16 AM
They've just started the session at 9am. You haven't missed it.

bright sparks
10-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Jeez Louise....no wonder so many people nod off during these assemblies...this current guy is boring the pants off me lolol Seriously, important bill but get to the point for goodness sake so we can move on....:sleep:

cfred
10-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Dear god, it's so painful......

And now they get their 3 hour lunch.

bright sparks
10-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Dear god, it's so painful......

And now they get their 3 hour lunch.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I just wasted how long listening to everyone avoid answering all questions lol OMG I wanted to have a tantrum, could somebody please just answer properly ((foot stamp))

bright sparks
10-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Shall we try again @cfred :laugh::p

Please tell me I don't have to endure more brain numbing monotone chit chat on insurance

cfred
10-22-2014, 09:01 AM
LOL....I'm sooooo sorry :( Here we go again! Garfield's on!

Go!!!

bright sparks
10-22-2014, 09:19 AM
LOL....I'm sooooo sorry :( Here we go again! Garfield's on!

Go!!!

15 minute recess what do we all think?

When Garfield had his 2 minutes initially, boy did he ever look like he had to display a lot of restraint, clearly has a lot of passion towards this bill which is fantastic.

I am sad that the guy hasn't got more time to be thorough with the no doubt mass of info he has to pass on to the other folks in house. His last 5 minutes were fantastic in really highlighting the issues. I'm excited and am glad that the NDP also wants this bill to travel....hopefully that will help. Seems silly not to let it travel anyway

CrazyEight
10-22-2014, 09:26 AM
He'll be back on in 5 minutes...soooo glad he's reading CICPO's report verbatim. It really really sucks that he's such a poor speaker, though...

bright sparks
10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be Garfield picking up straight away or did I miss something??