PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Dilemma

Elly
10-21-2014, 07:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help...

I have a Montana Van measuring only 49" across the narrowest part of the back seat. I would really like to be able to fit 3 car seats back there, so the car seats would have to measure just over 16" wide each. The narrowest car seat I can find so far is the radian. I've been searching far and wide to find something, but have come to a dead end. Does anyone have any suggestions??

torontokids
10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I believe the Radian is the thinnest one on the market

Elly
10-21-2014, 09:19 PM
That's what I thought. Thank you. I guess I'll have to stick with what I have. :)

Lee-Bee
10-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Puzzling may be your friend here. Try having rear facing, forward facing, rear facing. Or forward facing, rear facing, forward facing. Keep in mind children can be rear faced until 3-4 years in radians and most seats now a days (as long as they are under the weight and height max). When you do a mix or forward and rear facing the seats fit better because they usually are not square shape but rather taper out, with skinner and wider spots.

Also the radian is really low profile so it puzzles nicely with high profile seats (one that has a tall base, as the base is usually skinnier then the seat itself).

Try going to car-seat.org and giving all details: budget, seats you have, your car make and model and all the kids stats (weight, height, age and t-shirt size). All the carseat technicians on there will be more than willing to help you find the best seats to make it work.