PDA

View Full Version : Oh man !!!!!!!

Secondtimearound
10-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Yikes !!! Ok so what would you do if a dream became reality and you had two days to decide but that means you have to give your dayhome notice in 3 days !!!!
That is me right now !! Do you go for it ??

torontokids
10-28-2014, 04:46 PM
is it forsure? how badly do you want it and what the hell is it?

torontokids
10-28-2014, 04:59 PM
also, would you still be interested in this opportunity if you hadn't had a dream about it?

5 Little Monkeys
10-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes go for it! If the dream will benefit you and your family and make you happy!

What is it?!?!?!!!! Lol

torontokids
10-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I know! She left us in suspense!

Samantha33
10-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Do what makes you happy, dreams are so great. Especially when you tell others about your dream lol. Sharing also makes you feel good :)

Secondtimearound
10-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Aw sorry !!!! I am running around so excited !!!! I was given an opportunity for an adventure !! So here I go !!! I'm giving notice on Friday and closing my dayhome to live in the country !! I' will now live with cows in my yard !!! There's a beautiful farm house and I'm moving !!!
My dd , husband and I are going to live on an acreage ! I start moving on Saturday !!
My dd will have 40 min commute but since I homeschool it will be my baby and I !!!

5 Little Monkeys
10-28-2014, 11:19 PM
That's awesome!! There's something so special about country living!

Good luck in the next chapter of your story!! I'm excited for you! Lol

Samantha33
10-29-2014, 05:48 AM
You are soooo lucky. I lived in the country many years ago and wish I could go back. Dh and I talk about it all the time. Maybe when I retire. You will absolutely love it! Good luck and enjoy.

Rachael
10-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Well having just read this thread and seeing your decision, I can see I'm a little late to this party.

But I would have said "Go for it" too. I used to be a planner with a backup plan or three but a few of lifes curve balls and I now know that sh*i happens. Live life, follow your dreams however scary they might seem. Whilst you sit there waiting until it's the right time to take a leap of faith, life is passing you by.

We spend so much time waiting for things not in our control - for a promotion, until we are established, for a pregnancy to end, for teething to end...so many excuses to wait until a certain event happens before we act. Do it.

I seriously wish you the very best at this exciting time.

Secondtimearound
10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Thank you !!! We lost so many family members this last two years and decided to live !!!!
This opportunity literally fell into our laps !!! So Friday will be letting dayhome parents know !!
The house is soo beautiful !!!!

Gloucestermom
10-29-2014, 12:08 PM
That sounds great! Good for you for following your dream, and good luck!

jodaycare
10-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Good for you! Enjoy the peace and quiet of the country!

33 Daiseys
10-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I am so happy for you. I would love to live in the country again. There is something soul lifting about waking up in the morning during the fall, to see deer in the fog. Tears:(. When you move will you be re-establishing your daycare, or are you done.

Secondtimearound
10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
I will be done ! We are going to slow down and concentrate on our last dd who is six . My friends are bugging me big time because I'm soo city but this acreage is beautiful !! We will be quite out there ! There's a lake not 40 ft away from the porch !!
We have been doing a unit study on Laura Ingalls and have been talking about trying this for years !!! And I'm so nervous/excited !!
It's kind of surreal !!

Lee-Bee
10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Now I am really curious! Are you giving notice in 3 days or giving 3 days notice of closing? Are you just up and moving over the weekend???? Or do you have time to move slowly? Sounds exciting!

playfelt
10-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Wow sounds so exciting. Circumstances can change with us just like they can with families. While they may be upset when you know you are doing what is best for your family that is what matters. With all of the negatives going around right now with daycare coming to peace with your next chapter in life will do so much for your family's happiness and well being. Wishing you all the best. There are many stories of those that left the city for country life and for those that have never lived in the country or retired to the cottage or experienced the natural wonder outside a city well they don't know what they are missing out on. Good luck to you.

Secondtimearound
10-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks I'm so glad I have your support !! I'm giving notice but will work November . I'm giving a months notice but I feel terrible for my dcf !
I will start moving this weekend ! I already have keys !!

Lee-Bee
10-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Awesome! I thought you were moving immediately and I was thinking holy moly what a whirlwind of events in just a few days!! I can't imagine packing up and moving in such a short time...a month seems much more manageable for packing up a house!

Secondtimearound
10-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes !! But we usually plan everything and this has flip flopped our lives in a decision made in 2 days !!
I text all my dcms and everybody knows and now it's official in my mind !!