PDA

View Full Version : After a looong dry spell...I'm finally full again!

Other Mummy
11-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Finally. This business certainly has its highs and lows. I find it's either feast or famine in securing enrolments in my area. After being down to 3 and then 2 full time children due to moves, mat. leaves, one enrolling in a preschool with her older brother. Ugh. I was hit left right and centre!

So after months of low enrolment, I've secured 3 full time enrolments for November!

Anyone else notice a feast or famine interest in daycare in your area. I'm sure places like Downtown Toronto probably could not relate :laugh: But where I am it seems to come in surges.

Rachael
11-02-2014, 08:15 PM
It does here too. Can have two openings for months, then they will both fill one after the other, and I get calls seeking places I don't have. LOL

Gloucestermom
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
That's great that you're full!
I find the same thing, and before this I was doing something else and it was always feast or famine too!

torontokids
11-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I hate when you fill your spots then get a million other inquiries and start to wonder if you should have waited! I filled a spot recently with a 13 mos old only to have a couple 2 and 2.5 yr olds needing care!

Other Mummy
11-03-2014, 01:16 PM
I hear your pain torontokids. I also prefer the 2+ crowd. I almost considered taking a 12 month into care....twice....sin ce my numbers went down. I'm glad I was able to fill my spots with a 2.5yr old and a 3 year old girls. It just fits our current group and my curriculum :)

Hopefully your 13month dcc is easy going?

daycaremom9
11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I find that it's best to have a first come first serve policy but only if I think the child and family is a good fit. I've been trying to fill 2 spots for 6 months now and from what I gather a mom is pregnant so I will be down another child.:(:(