PDA

View Full Version : New Facebook networking page for Calgary and areas day home providers

MunchkinMinder
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
This is a page for day home providers to post about anything to do with running a day home here in Calgary, Ab. You can post openings in your day home so that we can work together and network to help each other fill spaces! Also if anyone is wanting to get their day homes together for fun field trips from now and then you can use this page to help connect and make arrangements I'm really hoping to help other providers who live in the Calgary area who might feel a bit disconnected from the outside world to maybe get out with another provider and help the kids make even more friends!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/244710832243229/

mlc1982
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I just created a group for Canadian providers but I like your idea of a Calgary one. I'm not too sure if there are many of us around.

MunchkinMinder
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
There are a lot of day homes around...i think I counted 32 between Falconridge and Whitehorn...and that was just the ones registered on this one site I was advertising on, there are many more that aren't registered there.

Sandy'splaycare
07-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi, I click on this link to join and it won't let me. Please help!

Thanks Sandy

Inspired by Reggio
07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Hmm not sure cause I was not a apart of it myself.

But Facebook recently 'cleaned house' of the old groups when it changed its recent upgrade so if this page is not something that was active and being maintained and therefore 'upgraded' by the administrator of the page ~ it was likely deleted or archived which means no 'new' people would be able to join it?

3xbluemom
07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
It won't load for me either. Is there a new page? It's a great idea!

amber
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
If anyone is interested, my husband made a social community website for daycare providers only. In order to protect your privacy, he has made it so anyone interested must email him to have a membership created. There are no members as of yet. He said it is still a work in progress, but ready to be live. the site is www.idaycaresocial.c om. people can create groups (like a Calgary one), post pics and videos, and participate in forums.