PDA

View Full Version : Worried!!!

Tinyones1981
11-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Is it just me or do things seem so slow, I thought that I would have had some bites but I'm just not winning. I've only got two full times and I just cant seem to find anyone that needs a daycare provider. I feel like I have been struggling for so long to fill my spots. I've not even filled up to 5 spots with full and part time clients, just hoping something finally gives!!!!

Van
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
We all go through a dry spell - it always seems like it will never end but it will
Sept is the busy month and then it goes quiet before Xmas
it will improve in Jan for you hopefully

Rachael
11-09-2014, 07:27 PM
I agree. I've had dry spells too and it sucks. Plus it usually happens when you have more than one place available. It does pick up again eventually. Nothing is forever.

suzydominguez
11-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I am going through it too. I am looking to fill one spot and have had calls, but nothing yet. I guess it is part of owning a business, it has its ups and its downs. Be patient, it will get better :):)

Other Mummy
11-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Hang in there! This business it is either feast or famine for most of us. I'm in the Toronto (Don Mills area) and I was down to 3 then 2 full time children for months. Finally, this November, I filled my last 3 spots pretty much at the same time. It's all about timing.

Where are you located?

playfelt
11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
It is slow in many areas right now. There is an overabundance of providers in many areas compared to the number of families looking for care. It comes and goes and balances out over time. Try to hang in there as long as you can and know it likely isn't anything you are doing wrong that is the reason.