PDA

View Full Version : Important! Please read and act today

jodaycare
11-18-2014, 11:57 AM
ALL PROVIDERS:
Whether you have written letters already, attended rally, distributed flyers, etc or not please, please follow the items that Heidi has addressed below and send those letters off. Any committee letters need to be done today, letter to the ombudsman by tomorrow. This is very important, a last ditch effort to save our livelihoods!

Here is a message from Heidi Higgins, founder of the Coalition www.cicpo.ca

1. This morning I had a conference call with Andre Marin, the Ontario ombudsman. He is willing to assist us. He asked for 90 day updates on terminations and closures in our sector. For those of you who have already calculated if you will have to terminate clients or close your doors please forward your letter to me at cicpoottawa@gmail.co m ASAP. Please use Letter for Ombudsman as your subject line. I will compile them and forward them on to Mr. Marin. It's important that the letters we send are as factual and have as little emotion and hyperbole as possible.

2. Also, very important, we need to have our amendments sent into Garfield Dunlop's office by 2:00 pm. Wednesday. Any stakeholder, meaning all of you, can submit amendments. I urge you all to submit that the current regulations stay in place but would concede to 1 under 1, a 'child' being defined as under 10 (as it is currently), rather than 13, and that a provider can have up to 3 of her own children under 10 without inclusion in the 5 cap with the exception of the 1 under 1. Send your amendments to garfield.dunlop@pc.o la.org. Please use Bill 10 Amendment as your subject line

***The Coalition, CCPRN (Brenda and Doreen) and some of your peers have presented (or will present today) at the legislature – but you cannot leave it at that. Everyone needs to help in these last few hours.

In summary, between the Coalition and CCPRN we have asked you to do three things:

1. Write a letter today and send it to the Standing Committee – see attached sample.

2. Send your calculated closures/terminations to cicpoottawa@gmail.co m ASAP using the term “Letter for Ombudsman” in the subject line.

3. Send your number/ratio amendments to Garfield.dunlop@pc.o la.org by Wed., Nov 19th at 2:00.

Together we can make a difference in the lives of children and families! Act today!

--

Doreen Cowin
Executive Director
CHILD CARE PROVIDERS RESOURCE NETWORK

613.749.5211 x23
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

Gloucestermom
11-18-2014, 12:21 PM
All 3 done!

torontokids
11-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Done and done

cfred
11-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Done...sent my letter to my parents and family members too so they can send it on it as well.

Teagansmom
11-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Done all as well!! Also forwarded to providers I know