PDA

View Full Version : HAs anyone had a VBAC????

Julie
10-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I am 6 weeks pregnant now i had put a post on here awhile ago about people's thought on midwives. I have chosen to go with a midwife if they accept me im still waiting to hear back from them. But wanted to know if anyone has had a VBAC and what they thought of it was it better than a C-section or Worse?

Also it's only been a year since i had my c-section does that hurt my chances of having a vbac.

Also it's still early and everything but im already freaking out about having two kids my son is only 13 mths now and love him so much and can't imagine loving another baby as much. Is this normal im so afraid im not going to love this one as much or something.

Don't get me wrong im very happy and want this but why am i thinking like this i know it will be a different love but the same right??? I just need to know im not a freak and other people felt like this to.

Thanks so much. :D

CountryMommy
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Lol! You are definitely not a freak. When we were considering having our second, I hesitated in big part because I wondered if I could love it as much as my son. Then, as my pregnancy progressed, I start to fall in love with the baby as much as with my first. It was different though. With my first everything was new and super exciting and WOW. With my second I'd been through it before so some things weren't such a big deal, but the love I felt for this child was just as awesome. Then she was born and I laughed at myself for ever having thought I would love my first born more. You will interact and relate differently with this child than with your first, because it will be a different person than your first, but your pride and love will be the same for your second child. :)

As for the VBAC, I have no idea so someone else will have to answer that for you.

Julie
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks so much countrymommy. That makes me feel alot better. :)

sholi
10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Just a quick note to let you that I did indeed have a successful VBAC, with all odds against me!

First, my baby was on the bigger side (8 lb 7oz). Second, I had Group B strep. Third, I had to be induced because my water broke and I had Group B strep.

I also had a midwife. I truly feel that I was able to have a VBAC because of the support of the midwives. The OBGYNs kept scaring me by continuously mentioning my high risk of C-sxn.

I feel that a vaginal birth is above and beyond what I could ever have imagined! I bonded quicker with my baby, and nursed much sooner. In both situations, I was lucky to have healthy babies, and, obviously, we cannot always choose how our labour and delivery goes; however, when given a choice, I definitely choose vaginal over C-sxn. But, that is just me!

BTW, I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 18 mths old. I have been told that an increased success rate with a VBAC exists when there is at least 18 mths between births, so you should be OK.

Good luck!

Julie
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh thank you so much for your input that makes me feel a lot better about my decision and that it can happen. I to had strep B with my first and he was 10' 16' let hope this one isn't as big LOL

mom-in-alberta
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
No help from me on the VBAC, sorry. All of mine have been non-eventful vag deliveries, for the most part.
But I can tell you, as a mom of 4, not to worry about loving any child more or less than the others. Lighting a candle by using another candle does not diminish the flame of the first candle. It's the same with your babies. You may love them in different ways, for different things; but you will love them all the same.
Good luck with everything!!!

mlc1982
10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I agree with everyone else. You might not think it now, but you will have no less love for your second child than you did your first. My girls are only 18 months apart and I was so worried I would not have enough love for the second. I felt I was doing something so wrong by bringing another baby into this world while I still had a baby. I felt like I was taking away from her. I cried and cried about it but you know what? As soon as dd2 was born, it never even crossed my mind again. It was an instant turn around.

As for the VBAC, you should be okay. I had a c-section with both of mine but was given the option of VBAC. I refused due to having a tough first labor, baby stuck in pelvis and being taken for c-section after 60 some hours in labor (crazy, I know.) I didn't want to chance that happening again.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

wolfpup
12-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Dont worry about it at all hun!!! Just enjoy the feelings of being pregnant (oh how I miss it) and know that you will love this second child just as much as the first. My husband and I both had those feelings... we loved our son so soooo much that we were worried we wouldnt feel the same about number 2.... hahaha what a joke! She is a princess that we love to death. I was able to enjoy my second pregnancy a lot more and loved sharing that with my son. He loved to kiss the belly, talk to baby, etc...
As for vbac... I did it and I would 100% recommend it. It was a great experience!!! I was able to nurse right away, bond right way, SIT right away!!! hahaha and my son was able to come in right away and meet his sister... it was amazing! Healing time was WAY WAY quicker!!! and wow... what a thing to experience! Do it and dont worry a bit! By the time number 2 comes you will be far enough from the c-section that everything will go fine!! Congrats! Enjoy the experience and stop worrying babe!:p

Julie
12-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh thank you all so much. I am now 4 month along and finally got my midwife and am going for the VBAC. I feel so much more calm knowing all of you had the same feelings. Thanks again and i hope you all have a wonderful x-mas i will find out what im having in the new year and i'll post it here for everyone. Thanks for your support.