PDA

View Full Version : What a relief!

Gloucestermom
11-28-2014, 01:26 PM
I have 4 kids under 2 at the moment, and was supposed to have another starting in January. We had the interview the second week of October.
Over the last week or so, I was starting to have second thoughts. I was starting to get more and more nervous as January came closer. I realized that I can't handle 5 under 2, and I had decided to email the mom and tell her that I was really sorry, but couldn't take on another child. I felt really bad about this, but knew it was better than taking him on and not being able to handle it.
Last night, she emailed me and said that her MIL has offered to take care of her son! She said I was her first choice, and she was really sorry, but his grandma was going to care for him. Phew! It's funny how things work out sometimes!

MonkeyPrincess
11-30-2014, 12:25 PM
sometimes our worrying goes into overdrive, but then in the end we realize we made the right choice.
Once, I originally agreed to care for a child (i felt like i was put on the spot to be honest) then backed out a week later for many reasons. I lost sleep because i was worried that she would be mad at me (we know each other). I told her 7 weeks before i was due to start caring for the child, which was 9 weeks before she due to return to work, more than enough time to find someone! She ended up finding someone who could accommodate her child care needs and to this day, i am relieved i didn't care for the child for many reasons.