PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the new Bill

Beanie
12-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone, I just need some clarification here.

I am not a licensed daycare. I have been providing daycare services for over 8 years now and am registered with the ontario government with a legit business #, give recipes, file taxes properly and all of that jazz.

As of January 2016 will I have to become licensed to be able to stay in business?

I have always followed the licensed guidelines and stayed within the rules. no more than 5 and within the age categories of 2 under 2, 3 under 3 exc.

If so, this is so upsetting as i'm not interested in getting my ECE and have been doing this for so many years with a waitlist for years still.

http://www.daycarebear.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.png

Wonderwiper
12-09-2014, 10:17 AM
No, you do not have to join an agency. The big changes that will affect many people are that you will have to include your own children as part of your 5 and can only have 2 under age 2!!! There is no 3 under 3 rule.

Beanie
12-09-2014, 10:32 AM
thanks for the reply. am i still able to have 2 under 2 or was that changed to 1?

Busy ECE mommy
12-09-2014, 11:04 AM
@Beanie-you can still have 2 daycare kids under 2 years, unless your own child is under 2 years, which would mean your child counts in the "2 under 2" rule.

Beanie
12-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Ok perfect! thanks so much for clearing that up! very relieved!