PDA

View Full Version : Xmas presents for daycare kids

Busy ECE mommy
12-18-2014, 01:16 PM
I always give my regular daycare kids birthday and Christmas presents(about $15 a child). I have a child who will start full time in the new year, but who is transitioning right before Christmas with short visits, and will have a birthday in that time as well. Do I provide a Christmas and birthday present for this child? If so, is it ok to spend a little bit less, since the child isn't really here yet? Thoughts??

superfun
12-18-2014, 01:30 PM
One part of me wants to say yes, it's ok to spend less. I have a child transitioning too, and I tried to follow my own advice and spend a little less. It didn't really work though, because I love shopping for the daycare kids.
Especially since the birthday and Christmas both happen before the child is enrolled full time, I would say, go for it.

bright sparks
12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
I see the gift as a token so buying something for the same amount or less is neither here nor there in my opinion. Have a limit and see what you can find that the child would enjoy. When I shop I just have a maximum budget, but if I find something for half the price I don't buy them something else to make up the difference. How about a nice book for the newbie? That's a $5-$10 gift depending on where you buy from and type of book, but I'm sure the family would appreciate that just as much as if you bought something else at the higher price point.

5 Little Monkeys
12-18-2014, 02:09 PM
I would spend the usual amount I do, $10-$15 per gift. I've had one child who had a birthday his first week here, just luck of the draw for him lol

suzydominguez
12-19-2014, 07:18 AM
I just had a family enroll their son in January. I bought him a gift. Even though he starts in the new year, he is part of my group. That's how I see it.