PDA

View Full Version : New munchkin joining us...

MunchkinMinder
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I have a new little one (12 month old girl) starting today...fingers crossed it goes smoothly!!! I'm so excited yet so nervous all rolled into one. I'm not sure how my little one (2year old girl) will handle sharing mommy...she got really clingy and possessive over me during the interview, thank goodness the parents understand that it is as much of a transition on my children as it is on theirs...

Wish me luck!!

mlc1982
10-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Good luck! Let us know how it went!

Spixie33
10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
I hope it goes smoothly. I am sure there will be an adjustment period for everyone:D

Sandbox Sally
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Hope you're having a great day w your newbie. :)

horsegirl
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Good Luck and have fun.

MunchkinMinder
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks ladies...the day has gone very good...She's such a good baby, very content! She was upset a little when mom was getting ready to go but calmed very quickly :)

MunchkinMinder
10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Well that was one of the best first days I have had in a long time with a dck...especially with a 12 month old!

And I would like to say that isn't it funny how when the calls stop coming it's like a complete drought but when it rains it flipping well poor's lol... I hadn't had any call's/serious e-mails for a couple months or if I did get a call they never called back because I was "charging too much" but now I have had 4 interviews since Wednesday of last week, and finally one of them is for a child who is almost 3 as a playmate for my full timer, and another interview scheduled for Thursday evening...already signed one child from those interviews, another seemed very interested and may have to call them to let them know that I'm filling up fast and they'll have to put a deposit down to not loose the spot and the one from today sounded very promising :) All I know is it's good to be busy again...I was kinda going outta my mind lol

mlc1982
10-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Glad to hear your day went well and that the calls are coming in for you! Good luck with filling all your spots and getting that 3 yr old you want!

MunchkinMinder
10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks...only now I need two 3 yr old's because the one dcb I have who is 3 was pulled with 2 weeks notice as of last night... apparently they got him a spot in a pre-school...I don't mind but I'll miss him and just what they said after telling me they were pulling him just felt like a sucker punch to the gut :(

But on a bright note I have been communicating with another mom about the possibility of siblings coming in so that could be good!

Gails
10-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Have a stay at home Mom needing daycare, bringing in two boys 2 and 4 but she wants to stay with me for a couple of days, have never had that kind of request and I just would not be comfortable, was thinking maybe she could come to playgroup and back to the house until lunch... but how do I let her know without looking as though I am not as open as she would like me to be.

playfelt
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't allow full day visits. They may come twice for an hour each time - one is just to play while mom and I sort of talk about the kids, the group, expectations. The other visit I will let them play for a bit and then do a small circletime or activity if I think it will go ok. What you are dealing with is a mom with anxiety issues and that is going to rub off onto the children. Expect her to be uncomfortable with leaving the children at least for the first while. Visiting with you at playgroup would be a good first start because you will be able to see if she can even separate from her kids there so they can interact with peers and so can she. You will learn a lot.