PDA

View Full Version : Meals and Sbacks

Fireyesblue
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM
I just opened this week. I have (2) 12 month olds and my own daughter who's 16 months.

I don't have a menu plan. Do you recommend that I do? I thought it would be easier to just wing it sort of thing but now I just want what works best. I offer breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks. I feel super stressed about what to serve. My daughter doesn't eat super fancy (healthy, yes) but can't say she eats veggies kind of thing. Mom is more the "flax seed, green smoothie, etc." type and I know I shouldn't be so worried about what I offer because its my home, my business.

Do you mind sharing meal plans an or ideas for snacks that are simple and not too out there. I mean these are kids under 2. Heck, I grew up on baby food and canned beef ravioli... Sometimes ;) lol. I just need some reassurance.

I did my contract back in July, and wish I never included breakfast. Kids don't arrive until after 7:15, and been serving around 7:30. Meanwhile, my own daughter wakes up at 6. Hubby says its wrong to amend my contract and ask parents to feed their own kids breakfast.

Thanks!
:)

Rachael
01-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Up to you.

I do have a menu but that's because I find winging it stressful. By menu planning, including snack times, I can make sure that we aren't having the same two days running plus I know what to get when I go shopping.

Don't worry about what a client's Mom does - I wouldn't do flax seed and green smoothies just to pacify her. You have a new business, two new children, an adjustment for you and your daughter. Keep it simple. Stick to things you know and trust.

Google "menu day care toddler" you'll get a whack of options which suit your taste/preferences. I tend to have 4 weeks of menus for Fall/Winter and 4 for Spring/Summer and just repeat.

And I didn't include breakfast. My contracts states that children are expected to have been fed breakfast before arrival. First meal here is morning snack.

Amend your contract for anyone new coming in if it's too much. You can likely approach existing clients about changing theirs once you have more of a relationship built up OR if you open at 6am, tell them that breakfast is at a set time so you can do it once for your daughter and day care together. Like lunch, if they aren't there at meal time, then they missed out.