PDA

View Full Version : How much do I charge?

Sergeants Mom
10-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I am meeting w/ a family tomorrow who have an 8 year old son w/ Cerebral Palsy. The boy will require either before OR after school care, but not both. If he is w/ me in the morning his bus will come right to my home and pick him up & will also drop him off at my home if he comes after school.

My question is... what do I charge this family? He will require a bit more care, but would only be w/ me for about 2 hours each day. I live in the London, ON area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Play and Learn
10-18-2011, 06:45 AM
My b/a rates are $20/day. BUT if you come for one or the other, it's $15/day.

My regular day (ages 1-3 years) rates are $35/day. For school-agers if they come on PD Days, it's $40/day (as they tend to eat more).

Hopefully that helps you some...

mom-in-alberta
10-18-2011, 01:54 PM
I would charge whatever the normal rate is for your area. He will only be with you for a couple hours, but that will compensate you for the extra attention required. Plus; don't forget you are still feeding him if he is there after school, I presume?
Also; make sure you consider whether or not he will be coming on full days. A couple of hours with a special needs child is much different than entire days.

Sergeants Mom
10-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank you ladies for your responses.
I met w/ the mother and her son this evening. I did decide on a price after meeting the boy and finding out his needs/what extra care he will require from me.