PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of reviewing my contract...

MunchkinMinder
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I've been wanting to review a couple key points in my contract was hoping to get some insight as to what you all have in yours.

The points I'm looking at reviewing are:

*Notice for termination- how much notice to ask for/give when terminating.
*Sick policy- how extensive and strict should it be.

If you have anything in your contract that you have found useful to have there and has been a good boundary setting clause then feel free to msg me.

Thank you for any and all advice on this!!

Sandbox Sally
10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I have two weeks both ways for termination, unless it's something unacceptable, in which case I have in my contract that I can terminate immediately. Some of the things that I have outlined that would result in immediate termination are:

Failure to abide by my policies as outlined by my handbook
Physical or verbal abuse of any person or property
If a child becomes a danger to the other children
Failure to complete required forms
False information given by parents either verbally or in writing
Failure to inform me when a child has been medicated prior to being left in my
care

As far as sick policy goes, I really should be stricter with mine. I outline that I won't accept a child with a fever over 100 degrees Farenheit, anyone who has vomited or had diarreah more than once in the past 12 hours or in the contagious stages of a communicable disease.

I REALLY wish now that I had said in my contract that I will not accept a child with green or yellow snot. These kids are contagious, and it is now my pleasure to know that every time a kid comes to my house with said snot, we all get sick. UGH.

Food for thought. Good luck with your contract! If you need a proofreader, please feel free to send it to me. I love doing that sort of thing.

MunchkinMinder
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Alphaghetti! Have you thought of making some policy revisions and then simply giving the parent notice of when the changes will be in effect? That way you can include the nasty green and yellow snot that we all hate seeing when a child shows up at our house. And thank you for the ideas on how I can edit my termination policy, much appreciated :)