PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for 3X a week care

canadianjule
10-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Just curious what you ladies would charge for an 18month old that needs care three times a week. I only have two full timers in my care (plus my own two -one of them is in morning junior kindergarten) so the idea of a child coming three days a week sort of appeals to me at this point.

My full time full day rate is $43 plus vacation pay which works out to $45.64.

I know that a lot of people charge more for part time care as it takes up one of your full time spots but I really am not sure how much more per day I should charge (maybe $45 or $46 plus vacation pay?)

Suggestions please ;)

florence7319
10-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Just curious....how do you calculate your vacation pay? Is it paid on each cheque?

My rates increase $5/day. Ex: 5days/week $40
4 days/week $45
1-3 days/week $50

Sandbox Sally
10-19-2011, 07:58 AM
My rates are charged on a per day basis. I charge an extra 15 dollars per day for part time care. I don't charge parents vacation pay, but they do pay me their full rate when they go on holidays. Hope this helps.

canadianjule
10-19-2011, 09:50 AM
thanks for your replies ladies :)

angelina
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM
thanks for the thread. that is really good explanation there.

i thought it would be cheaper. Since, I have $40 fulltime, then part timers is $35. I think I got this one backwards. Good to check out with fellow caregivers.

kidlove
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
angelina, are you thinking "shorter days" maybe? rather than the same length days but fewer in the week? it would make sense to consider charging less for a shorter day, although not many providers offer that option either, considering it takes a full day spot. just wondering :)

kidlove
10-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I charge the same amount per day for full time as I do for part time, however...full time has a minimum due as well as part time. I charge for 3 days care for part time even if they only attend 1 or two days in each week, they still need to pay for three. ;)

Momof4
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I only charge $3 more per day for a part time child but I insist that they come 3 days/week so that they can adjust to daycare life and feel comfortable. The reason we charge a little more for part-timers is that they can schedule their days around stats and don't have to pay for them.

sunnydays
10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I charge $2/day more for part-time (2-3 days per week)...I don't do 1 day a week and for 4 days I require full-time fees for 5 days a week. I think you need to be careful about calling it "vacation pay" as that puts you in an employer/employee relationship. I understand what you are doing, but if I were you I would change the wording or simply say that your rate is $45 and you don't charge for your daycare closures.