PDA

View Full Version : Tumblebooks

sunnydays
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Just wanted to share a great resource I just found out about. It's through the Ottawa Public Library and you can play story books for kids online. I tried it with my group of 1-3 year olds and they love it! I just put the laptop where they could all see it during snacktime :)
http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/home_tumblebooks.asp

zen39
10-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Kangaroomama, are you just using the free trial? When I clicked the link, the pricing said it's $499? But the free trial is only for schools. Just curious...looks like a great idea, but I need a free version. Thanks.

sunnydays
10-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Someone else asked me the same thing, but I am not sure how I am just doing it for free. I just click on story books and it brings up a list of books to play and I click on them and play them. I did not sign up for any free trial or paid membership. If I figure out why I am able to do it this way, I will let you know. I will be at the library today for toddlertime, so I will ask the librarian who told me about it to begin with.

waterloo day mom
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
starfall.com is really good. There's some that you can access for free and others you need a membership for, but it's only about $35/yr

sunnydays
10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it may because you have to access it through the Ottawa Public Library website....they have a subcription. You go to Kids Stuff and then choose Tmblebooks and then Story Books. I hope this works for you all as it has for me, because I am accessing it for free :)

zen39
10-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I went through the library site and it worked. What a great little tool for children. Thanks for posting about it. Can't wait to show it to the kids.

sunnydays
10-21-2011, 02:06 PM
So glad it worked :) My group loves it...only they won't let me play any other book that the first one I showed them...you know how young children love repetition! My three year old knows it by heart already ;)