PDA

View Full Version : Organizing activites/craft supplies

mlc1982
10-19-2011, 05:03 PM
How do you all keep your activity supplies (craft/sensory/etc) organized? I feel like I have stuff everywhere and it's not very organized.

Spixie33
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I recently organized my stuff and boy ! was it amazing to see all the stuff I had that I didn't even know or remember I had. I kept buying more and more stamps and stickers and didn't know I already had tons until I cleaned up and organized.

I now have a pantry cabinet in the basement that has about 5 shelves and I try to organize craft supplies in there. In my 'pantry' I have my foam stickers, googly eyes, feathers, colouring books, etc. I got a bunch of rectangular containers with lids from Dollarama for $2 each (plastic food storage type containers that are quite large but flat) and in there I put one for stamps, one for stickers, one for crayons, one for markers etc. They stack pretty well and are easy to pull out again because I can see what is inside each one.

Upstairs I also have a bench that has two lids and in there I try to keep all my paint, glue, glitter glue on one side and construction paper, painting paper on the other side

For stuff like Christmas - I put a large storage container with lid and I put all the craft samples, bells, Christmas colouring books, Christmas puzzles, etc in there

I also have a separate big box for Easter and Halloween since those seem to be the bigger holidays we do.