PDA

View Full Version : Carving Pumpkins

zen39
10-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Just wondering if you carve pumpkins with your daycare kids and let them play with the goop, or is this something you let the parents experience with their children? I have a parent who wants to do this with their child themselves, so I thought perhaps I would just get some mini pumpkins and let the kids paint them.

Sandbox Sally
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
We got little pumpkins, and I let the dck's paint them instead!

sunnydays
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I am trying to find where I can buy mini pumpkins..anyone know where to get them in Ottawa? I bought these little plastic face decorating kits at the Dollar Store (you just stick in the eyes, mouth etc.) and look forward to helping the kids do this and then each can take their pumpkin home. Carving would be too difficult with so many young children (mine are 1-3).

mlc1982
10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I will probably just get the kids to paint one. I was looking for small ones and couldn't find them where I am so just got a few big ones. Most of my group is too young to carve.

FS2011
10-26-2011, 12:48 PM
We did a mister potatoe head pumpkin. I just put holes into the pumpkin where the eyes, ears etc would go and let the kids decorate. It was great! No mess!