PDA

View Full Version : Receipts

twollenzien
02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Just wondering how many parents request receipts? Do providers have different prices based on giving receipts or not? My provider does not offer them and it isn't something I was expecting.

Thanks in advance!

Busy ECE mommy
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
I provide receipts to all of my parents, regardless of their daily rate or how they pay. We are required to by law, even if it is all in cash. I would request one from your provider.

CrazyEight
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
It is illegal to not offer a receipt. If your provider refuses to offer one, she is probably not claiming her daycare income and therefore not paying taxes on it. I'd demand a receipt, as it is your right to have one. You are entitled to a receipt for all daycare fees paid. It doesn't matter how you paid (cash, cheque, emt, whatever), and it also doesn't matter if she is a registered business or not, as home providers are not required to have a BIN.

I have seen advertisements from providers offering a lower price in exchange for not offering a receipt. This is also illegal, as it means they are not claiming the income from the clients that aren't given a receipt.

babydom
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Yes. No receipt means it's under the table which is illegal. Demand a receipt!

Crayola kiddies
02-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Yup .... Illegal to not give a receipt ..... Regardless of fee paid !!! Call the CRA !

Suzie_Homemaker
02-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Just wondering how many parents request receipts? Do providers have different prices based on giving receipts or not? My provider does not offer them and it isn't something I was expecting.

Thanks in advance!

It is law to give receipt. Some carer don't but normally because they not declare income to CRA. But they should give receipt with SIN or business number on. She likely working under table. Any business will have people working under table.

You could try telling her that you will report her to Community Services and CRA if she not give you receipt but of course, you will likely be refused further care. Maybe look for new carer, check they give receipt and then when you give notice, you demand one from current person.

I am payed in cash but everyone gets receipt. I just don't trust cheques in case NSF but money is declared and receipt given.