PDA

View Full Version : Sign in/out sheet

FS2011
02-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Hello, looking for a daily sign in and out sheet licensing approved that could be used for 7 children in 1 month. Anyone willing to share? Only thing I can create in word is a weekly sheet and I hate to waste 4 sheets a month. To have all info on one sheet per month would be awesome!!! ???

Emilys4Guppies
02-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Here's a website with a few different options: http://www.supportingprovid ers.com/childcareforms5.htm

One of them is a monthly workbook that includes attendance, notes, supplies, and whatnot for the month. Seems like a good idea.

Who uses sign-in sheets? There are two providers near me who are very organized and have been doing home daycare for 8-10 years now and neither use sign-in sheets. I'm wondering how prevalent they are?

FS2011
02-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm in BC and licensing requires them for a few reasons, legal and safety. For legal purposes it's proof the child attended. For Gov't subsidy you may be asked to provide proof in an audit as well as proof the child was or wasn't in care if you had to protest for any reason. Safety reasons, it can be used in a drill or real emergency when you need a quick log of who is in your care :). Thanks Emily for the link.

playfelt
02-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Sign in sheets aren't required by law here in Ontario for private caregivers but at the same time Revenue Canada can ask you to prove what days kids were in attendance in terms of claiming meals and craft supplies, etc. I used to have parents sign in and out but recently changed to a form with two weeks on it and parents simply check if here and put an X in not and then there is space for one signature at the end of the week which is basically approving what was put for the week. I made it in word and I have 7 children on it because I have some part time kids. Figure 2 pages a month or will be 26 for the year isn't that bad. I tape the page to the wall near the door where parents come in and either they check or I check doesn't matter and then they sign. If they forget to sign I just leave it above the new sheet and ask them to do it the following week. Most just sign when they check for Friday whether it is at drop off or pick up.

MunchkinMinder
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I run a private day home in Calgary and I use a sing in/out sheet because I had a couple parents constantly picking up late and with them filling it out daily they could not argue about the late fees that were due. It just eliminated any question!

mom-in-alberta
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I also use a sign in/out sheet. It is mainly for my purposes, as I then have means to prove what children were here and when/how long. Should I ever be audited, I can show that. It is also so that I have in writing what time parents are here, just like Munchkin mentioned. If a parent is consistently late, I have hard evidence.
From the parents standpoint, I suppose its there to prove who is picking Junior up, if multiple parents/caregivers are involved.
I just made it on Exel, with the date, child's name, time in, time out and signature/initials. I go through about one per month.