PDA

View Full Version : CPR and Police Check Certificates

ebhappydc
02-27-2015, 08:05 AM
During an interview, do parents ever ask for a copy of these certificates to keep, or do I just show the certs if they ask, and then put them away? Thanks. Tgif

mattsmom
02-27-2015, 08:26 AM
No. I just show them my copy and they give it back. I wouldn't give it to them anyway. They just need to know that I have it.

Emma H
02-27-2015, 09:41 AM
I don't give my documents to parents either. I have a portfolio will all my info in it and when they look in the book they see it all there. I did have a parent ask me once and I asked her why she did it since I had it in my book ...she never asked me again lol

33 Daiseys
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
I never give any information like that to parents. I actually have all of my certificates, first aid CPR, crisis intervention, fire safety inspection, food certificates ect laminated, and in a binder. I also have all of my letters of reference form all past families done the same. I did this because I was concerned that if they were handled hey would get dirty and grubby, especially with little people:)

Suzie_Homemaker
02-28-2015, 05:48 PM
During an interview, do parents ever ask for a copy of these certificates to keep, or do I just show the certs if they ask, and then put them away? Thanks. Tgif

It is requirement here even for non-agency affiliated day care. We would always show unless forgot but parent tend to remember.

Also we tend to be asked for proof of all statement we make.

If we say insured, parent want to see insurance certificate.
If we say infant first aid and CPR, parent want to see that certificate.
That fair. Employer would check credentials. Same thing.

But they not keep them. They see, they check if valid, and hand back.

Emma H
02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
I never give any information like that to parents. I actually have all of my certificates, first aid CPR, crisis intervention, fire safety inspection, food certificates ect laminated, and in a binder. I also have all of my letters of reference form all past families done the same. I did this because I was concerned that if they were handled hey would get dirty and grubby, especially with little people:)
Are you licensed or private? How much does it cost to get a crisis intervention, safety inspection certificate and a food certificate?