PDA

View Full Version : Contract Renewals

torontokids
02-27-2015, 01:50 PM
How do you all handle contract renewals? I put a one yr renewal period on my contracts to allow me to make necessary changes. It sometimes feels like families are always redoing contracts for me though. I tried to have the renewal date in Sept but then I missed it and just got to it now so it will be Sept again (to make them in line with the new families that all have contracts good until Sept) but that is like 7 mos away. Do you ever just add a sheet with a signature that says they agree to the new terms of the contract or do you have them fill everything out again like I have been doing?

5 Little Monkeys
02-27-2015, 02:02 PM
I just recently started putting an expiry date on them. I date them for the end of the year and do any changes over Christmas break if need be.

I haven't had anything too major that couldn't wait until the end of the year. If I did though, I would probably just get them to sign a piece of paper with the new policy.

Actually, I did change my end time from 530 to 5 to now 445 but just told the parents verbally that were in care at the time. It ended up being my late children that kept leaving so I just shortened my day as they left and signed new families on with the new time. Thankfully no one threw a fit over it and now all contracts have 445pm on them

Suzie_Homemaker
02-28-2015, 05:37 PM
How do you all handle contract renewals? I put a one yr renewal period on my contracts to allow me to make necessary changes. It sometimes feels like families are always redoing contracts for me though. I tried to have the renewal date in Sept but then I missed it and just got to it now so it will be Sept again (to make them in line with the new families that all have contracts good until Sept) but that is like 7 mos away. Do you ever just add a sheet with a signature that says they agree to the new terms of the contract or do you have them fill everything out again like I have been doing?

I don't do like this.

I have two document. One is contract for basic. Who is agreement between, what days, what hours, what start date, when fees due, etc. Signed by all. But in the contact, it has statement saying parent seen handbook, agreed to all policy and understand that changes to policy and price happen and they get 14 day notice. It says that the handbook is part of the contract. If they not agree to changes, then thank you for custom, our agreement ends 14 days after notification of change they not liking.

So my contact have no end date, just start date. They end when one of us give notice to other.

playfelt
02-28-2015, 10:31 PM
My contracts don't have an expiry date but just say subject to periodic review. That allows me to change things at any time needed by simply giving them notice. I would print up the amendment for them to sign and keep that with their original contract.