PDA

View Full Version : How much would you charge for 3 days care?

Cocoon
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm just opening my day home care in November and been contacted by quite a few families. Some of them are asking 3 days care. Now, I know how much I will be charging for full time(5 days) but have no idea what to charge for part time.

I've read somewhere that home day care providers consider 3 days as full time and charge the family full time rates. Is that correct? How much are you charging for 3 days care?

Thank you,
Cocoon

mlc1982
10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I have a full time rate and then a part time rate, for either 2 or 3 days. My 3 day rate works out to be about $8.50 more per day than the full time rate. It is hard to find someone to fill the other two days so I don't see a problem charging more per day to try and cover some of the losses from a full time spot. I also don't mind having the part time 3 day a week spot as it gives me a couple lighter days a week.

CPST_Manda
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
I charge the same as my full time rate for 3 days of care.

Sandbox Sally
10-28-2011, 01:15 PM
My part time daily rate is $15 dollars a day MORE than my full time daily rate. hope this helps!

Cocoon
11-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Thank you ladies.

Play and Learn
11-13-2011, 12:01 PM
My regular full time fees are $35/day. But if they're coming 2-3 days/week, it's $40/day.

Cocoon
11-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Thank you Play and Learn.

mom-in-alberta
11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
For part time (which to me is less than 4 days per week, or someone who is on an irregular schedule) I definitely charge more per day. I charge $40 per day. This is because it is quite often difficult to find someone to fill in the days when that child is not there.

Dayhome Mamma
03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I was charging $60/day for part time, $45 for full time. but now my full time fees have gone up to $60. And I am not offering part time service ever anymore once the part time kids I do have "graduate" from here. It's just not worth it if its holding up a full time spot. Too hard on the kids. Same, if not more work for us. Only worth it if you have no choice and are needing the income right away and don't have time to wait for a full time option.

Mamma_Mia
03-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Same with me...."For part time (which to me is less than 4 days per week, or someone who is on an irregular schedule) I definitely charge more per day."

5 full days a week $35
3-4 days a week $37
1-2 days $40

I currently have one in each PT category :) would love to get a FT or two....

playfelt
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Of course there is the advantage of having two part times that share a space and then you earn more than if it was just one full time. Although, the hassles that go with that are often not worth the extra money. Two years ago I had 11 kids for 5 spaces - no one was more than 3 days. I was crazy but lucrative. There was just a period where moms tried to be both a working parent and a stay at home but in the last two years it seems to have gone back to they are either full time or at least put their kids in full time which works for me.

Momof4
03-27-2012, 04:58 PM
My part-time rate is $3/day more than my full-time rate, just to give you another idea. But my contract states a minimum of 3 days/week and I really don't like to bring in flex care children because the transitioning is so difficult.